I am think about buying Starmade

Reaction score
    I am think about buying Starmade, I right now I have the free one. Want does the one you buy have that it does not.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, Considering the game is free to play right now... Nothing yet :p
    Eventually you will have to pay to get the full game, but for not its just a pre order (Great discount as well)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As far as I know the game will always be free but some doors may be closed off to the free version such as servers only allowing paid users to join. They've also announced the price will be raised soon so now is the best time to get it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you like it? Buy it, support Skooma. You'll also get that nice smug feeling of being an owner.

Reactions: Darth Cestual
    Reaction score
    I have brought it twice so far (for myself and my son) and plan on doing it again for my other kids any maybe their friends.
    From the buyers perspective now it is cheap and the price is going up soon, and when it's on steam it will likely go up again.
    More importantly I am sure these rapid fire late night dev releases we get must be powered by coffee to make the java fall into place so well, so to keep them coming my schema is to make sure skooma has some cash to buy his next cup.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As far as I know the game will always be free but some doors may be closed off to the free version such as servers only allowing paid users to join. They've also announced the price will be raised soon so now is the best time to get it.
    nope, it simply won't be a free game. No sense to have closed doors in a sandbox game.

Reaction score
    What I'm worried about is that by 'raised price' they mean that the game is now going into Beta, and therefore all users must now pay for the game to get the update we've been waiting for for almost a year...

They have every right to but still...

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    nope, it simply won't be a free game. No sense to have closed doors in a sandbox game.
    Schema has shown time and again that he doesnt want to waste our time :u Every update is done in a way that allows older ships to still function, abeit a little different then they originally did * ^* As such, it makes sense for him to allow Free Players to keep playing abeit with restrictions (Although I think he's gonna limit some thing, like Blueprints and perhaps other server option.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ToyotaSupra During Q&A, i think, Schema said he is wondering to make this game free to play, but with some limitations. So probably Starmade would be f2p, but Schema can always change his mind, that's his right.

Starmade is not going into beta. At least not after next update. Devs told few times that they still have many things to implement and i don't think they would just change the name of game's state to "beta" and keep implementing game changing features.
    Raising the price already happened before btw, it's joined with progress in development, but not with changing dev stage.

Raising the price would most likely happen before releasing on Steam

Last edited by a moderator:

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I will try to buy the game next week, since there are notices around talking about the pricing going to rise. My only difficulty is that I don't own an international credit card, since it's the only way of payment considering that I'm from Brazil.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Yeah, I just bought it last Saturday, a friend allowed me to use their International Credit Card and I gave the money to them. Considering the price will rise soon with the fact that the exchange taxes for Real to Dollar are high, it was pretty worth it.

Also it has a good feeling helping the devs too...

Reactions: kupu

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I kinda hope it goes the Minecraft route and has a free, cut down version equal to alpha and a much more advanced version for the paid edition. :I

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The last version that Schema puts out before implementing a paywall is probably going to wind up as a "free" version