i accadently built my ship facing the wrong way

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    help please..i don't want to start over! it's is turning out soo well..its like 89% done..

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How big is the ship? It's possible to copy the ship, delete every block and paste it back in facing the right direction. This can probably be done regardless of how big the ship is but it may need to be done in stages in larger ships. It's a pain, sure, but I don't think the old method of using Smedit works.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    How big is the ship? It's possible to copy the ship, delete every block and paste it back in facing the right direction. This can probably be done regardless of how big the ship is but it may need to be done in stages in larger ships. It's a pain, sure, but I don't think the old method of using Smedit works.

two decks..top is the battle deck (will be covored)

bottom deck is the crew area..

i wish there was a way to easily change what the core faces :(

or let the camera block let you control your ship..

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

two decks..top is the battle deck (will be covored)

bottom deck is the crew area..

i wish there was a way to easily change what the core faces :(

or let the camera block let you control your ship..
    Yeah, the ability to move or rotate the core is something many people have wanted for a long time. Your ship is quite long so copy and pasting the entire thing will be difficult. The ship stats window isn't large enough for me to see the entire set of stats but it looks like the ship is side ways so your width is 69 meters already meaning the length must be close to 160 meters. You could try and edit your build mode selection area in the server.cfg with PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA but the larger the object the more processing power it takes. Pasting a ship in the right location is also not exactly an easy task.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, the ability to move or rotate the core is something many people have wanted for a long time. Your ship is quite long so copy and pasting the entire thing will be difficult. The ship stats window isn't large enough for me to see the entire set of stats but it looks like the ship is side ways so your width is 69 meters already meaning the length must be close to 160 meters. You could try and edit your build mode selection area in the server.cfg with PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA but the larger the object the more processing power it takes. Pasting a ship in the right location is also not exactly an easy task.

can you rotate the core in smedit?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Kind of sad that this lack of feature (adjust ship core location and facing) has depressed people about starmade or killed their motivation to continue playing since its conception.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    its perfect! thank you! how did you get the core to be in the same place? guess just practice? :p
    Yeah, you have to use a lot of "helper" blocks to position it right. This just takes trial and error and knowing what direction the ship will paste into.