Hyperspeed travel

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A way to fast travel larger ships, in a way set coordinates to a sector at least ten sectors away and the ship plans a safe route to the sector and turns itself in the direction and engages hyperdrive and takes you to the desired sector quicker. Perhaps 500 meters per second in auto pilot. It would make for a more realistic space travel system. I know it will be a lot of work to make it happen but please try to implement it into the game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think a better way to solve this is to make Warp Drive arrays on ships, much like you build Thrusters. Upon activation of the warp drive, your ship \'\'exits\'\' space and proceeds towards the waypoint at 10x the speed limit.

While warping, the ship technically doesn\'t exist, meaning it cannot crash into anyone or anything, it is only symbolised on the map as a beacon of liight moving very fast in the distance.

Upon arrival, the ship starts to \'\'rebuild\'\' - jsut as it does when you first load it, chunks start appearing from the front, particles keep flying out of the light and forming chunks of the ship.

At least this way, you won\'t crash the server every time you warp.

But really, at distances that we travel in the game, you don\'t need FTL speed or warp drives. It would be a fun thing to have, but we only travel distances of up to 50kms maximum at a time. Flying any more than that is just boring - even with a high speed limit. So far, there isn\'t yet a need to fly anywhere this fast. We wouldn\'t even warp when flying to the Moon and that in itself is a distance of 384,400km.

(that\'s a far fetched example - nobody would fly to the moon at 200kph, more like 10000kph. Warping would be very cool, just that there are other things that need to be fixed first before Schema can focus on adding more \'\'cool stuff\'\' :))

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah but to balance it out it should need 4 times the energy per m than a thruster

Reaction score
    I\'d love to see hyperdrive travel in starmade !

Because hyperdrive travel means that you can easily attack the other side of the galaxy and so if you got the coordinate of the ennemy station, it\'s over xD

But for balance i prefer a system which take off all the energy of the ship after the jump (no spam/can\'t escape if ennemys are at your jump arrival point) with a message telling that there is a warping move in your sector. And remember the end of \"Wing Commander\" (even it\'s a bad movie =P )