hyperdrive [Closed]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    starmade should have some sort of stardrive to go long distence and maybe a long range radar.

i think to get the stardrive you should have to find a derelict ship and strip it to find the stardrive.

what do you think?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think derilict ships whould be a totally radical aspect to add to the game. Hyperdrives are coming (I think). I am not sure they should be tied together.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hyperdrives are a good idea. How about you have to vist the place you want to hyper drive to first before you hyperdrive to it? If you had one, you could I guess in some instance \"fast travel\" between worlds. Like from a planet your on, you get in your ship and use a hyperdrive to get to the shop to sell your materials. Something like that would be good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be interesting if hyperdrives required some sort of beacon that can be put down (allowing for the \"you have to get somewhere before you can jump to it\"). Of course, for balance, there would also need to be some cost every time you used the hyperdrive, energy wouldn\'t really be enough as many ships would practically ignore the cost with energy regen.

If the beacons could also be set as faction specific, this would allow a nice teleport home for some factions, without giving away the faction location.

Reaction score
    I think I would like to see this take on a random aspect myself, able to jump anywhere, within range, but randomly. If you find a nice area, you deploy a jump becon. People can then vy for control of that sectors jump beacon, or possibly even tax it. But you would then be able to jump to that sector, or any neighbouring jump beacons

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Derelict ships are a great idea and possibly something we\'ll have one day - though they\'d have to be modified because reasonably sized wreck, easily stripped down to base components would be enough to outfit a fleet of smaller ships. I am not sure about jumpdrives/hyperdrives though. I prefer just having some jumpgates throwing one between really far or otherwise unaccessible locations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    you have to be carful with limited resources on a Mas Multi Player game... mine craft example (the end)

Reaction score
    This has been endlessly discussed over multiple threads. Use the search bar to find relevant topics. Closing topic.