Hykqin Federation

Reaction score
    DC1BE80F-1F47-4E18-B0B9-E0C85BD0024A.png The Hykqin Federation (faction emblem pictured above) is a small, but formidable, interstellar power native to an elliptical galaxy in an isolated pocket universe. Founded in the Hykqin year 110 AWD (after warp discovery), the Hykqin Federation has a short, but prosperous past. Around 170 AWD, a quantum anomaly forced multiple Hykqin officers and ships into another universe; Starmade. While most of the ships were destroyed while passing through the Bulk between realities, the information about their construction survived, downloaded to the wristpad computers of the surviving officers. In 2018 CE (177 AWD), a survivor of the Anomaly, Captain Ryla, founded a new Hykqin Federation in the universe she was trapped in. It is currently unknown how many officers survived, but it is assumed that Ryla is not the only survivor of the Anomaly, and that The stranded crew may have utilized the genetic engineering equipment on the shipwrecks to create new Hykqin in an attempt at colonization.

The Hykqin Federation is peaceful, preferring diplomacy and trade, rather than combat and war. HYtech Industries, one of the various shipbuilding corporations founded by the survivors, is a major manufacturer of military, industrial, and civilian vessels for the Federation, specializing in military transport vessels and freighters. Hykqin ships can follow many color schemes and shapes, but HYtech vessels tend to use a yellow and grey color palette, and tend to have a boxy and elongated shape, as well as large, open hangar cargo spaces on the bow, usually shielded by forward mandibles. Most Hykqin ships also feature large, hollow wing-like structures on the bow and hull, usually facing down, away from the bridge.

The Hykqin Federation is a democracy, with laws passed by the members votes. The military branch of the Federation is the Hykqin Galactic Marine Corps, which handles all matters involving border patrols, fending off pirates and hostiles, and clearing out hostile NPC installations. The current flagship class is the HYK-N 35516 Vulcan Class command ship (WIP)

Regarding the Hykqin themselves, they are an average bipedal-anthropomorphic species, with two arms, two legs, and five fingers on each hand. They are covered in a layer of short tan fur - an adaptation to the unstable climate of their home planet. Hykqin also have large ears capable of detecting sounds below the human hearing range. More data is as follows:

MEMBER SPECIES DATA:

Hykqin (species 6928882)

Type: bipedal mammal, Marsupial.

Differentiating traits: tan fur, large bat-like ears, retractable claws, abdominal pouch, photosynthetic hair (contains various chlorophyll and photosynthetic compounds. Hair changes color with the seasons, much like tree leaves.) nocturnal (generate photosynthetic energy while asleep)

Civilization type: tier 1 civilization

Aging speed: 7% of human aging speed. (1 hykqin year is equal to 7 human years, as their planet is farther out from their sun, which is much brighter that Earth’s sun)

Extra: outfit is traditionally based on a job assigned by the Homeworld Supercomputer, which tests individuals for job preferences and aptitudes when they come of age, and assigns them to a military (red uniform), administrative (yellow uniform), research (blue uniform), or civilian (green uniform) job. Jobs can be reassigned with further testing. Since the Anomaly sent the survivors so far from the Homeworld, the testing and rank system do not apply.

The Hykqin homeworld, Hyka-III, is a Terran planet orbiting a type-A Star at approximately 7 times Earth’s orbital distance. It has an axial tilt of 50 degrees, causing extreme weather, intense seasons, and violently fast winds. Due to the unstable climate of the planet, most plants are short, as trees would just get uprooted in the windstorms that rage across the planet’s surface. The atmosphere of Hyka-III is mildly toxic to humans, as it’s composed of 40% oxygen, 10% carbon dioxide, 20% hydrogen sulfide, and 30% nitrogen, resulting in an atmosphere that would kill most humanoids without a respirator mask. Due to the composition of their atmosphere, Hykqin have to wear a breathing mask on planets with lower oxygen and carbon dioxide concentrations than Hyka, such as Earth, although their ships have oxygen-enriched atmospheres that negate the need for respirator masks. The Hykqin are nocturnal, and produce photosynthetic energy while they sleep. Due to their sleep cycle, they prefer dim lighting on their ships, so as to simulate the dim light reflected off of their planet’s twin moons. Hykqin have a strong neurotoxin in their blood, an adaptation against predators, which can paralyze an adult human for around 12 hours, giving the Hykqin a chance to wake up and escape. This neurotoxin also has the side effect of preventing immune system diseases in Hykqin. Hykqin can see in the visible spectrum of light, as well as the infrared spectrum, which is an adaptation for hunting at night. They are omnivorous, and an apex predator species on their planet. Due to the violent weather of the surface of their planet, most cities are subterranean and powered by wind turbines. Starships larger than 40 meters can’t enter the atmosphere due to high winds, so all large vessels are constructed in orbit and dock to a swarm of space stations in geosynchronous orbit around the equator, where shuttles transfer crew and supplies to and from the surface spaceports.
    The Federation also includes the following species:
    -Vairans (silicon based humanoids native to Vaire)
    -Evya (genetically engineered humanoids native to Ynvar'Ikr III)
    -Kiyans (native humanoid species of Ynvar'Ikr III)

Vairans (Species 7726)
    -Humanoid amphibious marsupials native to Vaire, now living on Vaari.
    -silicon based
    -have grey skin, gills, and brightly colored crystalline biopolymer "fur" on arms and legs as a natural weapon.
    -have four ears
    -excellent night vision
    -herbivorous

Evya (species 00198)
    -genetically engineered bio-mechanical lifeforms
    -extremely durable to the point of near invulnerability
    -Similar in appearance to both Hykqin and Vairans
    -omnivorous

Kiyans (Species 09882)
    -native to Ynvar
    -silicon based
    -they have crystalline limbs
    -arms and legs are connected via quantum phase shifted matter, thus they appear to be separate from the main body at the elbow and knee.
    -carnivorous

Faction relations: TBA
    Official stance: We won’t attack you if you don’t attack us. If you attack us, expect retaliation.

Faction ranks:
    Consul: The Founder. Has veto power over laws.
    Senator: can propose and vote on laws and constitutional amendments.
    Captain: the basic rank for citizens. Can vote on laws, lawmaker positions, and justices. Can ask senators to propose laws.
    Justice: can decide court cases, impeach senators, and enforce penalties.
    Probation: a player who has had a minor law infraction. Rank lasts up to 3 weeks before expiration.
    Ambassador: a Captain or senator who has had significant influence in faction alliances.

Current characters/members:
    (Character : Player : Rank)

Ryla : Captain_Ryla : Consul

*Hykqin are an open species. Anyone can create one as long as they credit me for the species concept. More information will be found on my DA page at Argontheminer.deviantart.com
    If you are using a Hykqin character for serverside RP, you can get automatic citizenship in the Federation. Non-Hykqin must apply for citizenship (which is super easy). I suggest that all citizens fill out the application though, even if it’s just so they can keep track of character information.
    *server for the Hykqin Federation TBA at a later date (once I get a computer that will run the newer version of the game) if you know a good server, please suggest it!

Here is the Federation Citizenship Application. Please fill it out to request membership. Submit the application in a comment below.
    Hykqin Federation Citizenship Application

Character Name:

Character Age (character must be 18 or over to apply, per Hykqin Military Restriction) :

Character gender:

Brief bio (optional) :

Player name:

Reason for joining:

Previous faction experience:

I, (name here), agree that I will follow the rules of the server I am on, that I will follow the laws of the Hykqin Federation, and that I will not take action that will reflect negatively on the Hykqin Federation.

Hykqin Base Laws (Unchangable) :

1: no attacking without provocation. We’re peaceful, and should not be trying to start wars. If you are attacked, you are free to retaliate at the attacking player. Unless a faction declares war on us all players are to remain neutral or friendly to other factions unless they have an outstanding reputation as a hostile faction.

2: no interference in other factions internal affairs. If you wouldn’t want them interfering in our elections or internal operations, don’t mess with theirs.

3: an embargo shall be enacted on all hostile factions. While under embargo, citizens are prohibited from trading resources, blueprints, or components with the hostile faction.

4: flaming is prohibited. This is a game, not a job. Don’t make it stressful for others.

5: respect other members. do not grief the ships of other citizens.

6: law infraction penalties shall be decided by an impartial jury. Possible consequences include demotion, loss of government position, probation, a temporary kick from the faction, or a permanent kick from the faction. Faction kicks are only to be used in extreme cases, such as treason.

7: a jury cannot have the accuser, accused, or a person partial to either side on it. Jurors may be selected more than once. If necessary, a Supreme Court shall be elected to decide penalties for law infractions.

8: laws may not infringe on the personal privacy, safety, or life of a citizen. Citizens shall be deemed innocent until proven guilty, and have the right to due process in a faction court.

9: citizens may not be asked to give personal information, such as address, real name, or phone number. The safety of our citizens is our top priority. If a citizen publicly asks for personal information from any player without the other player’s permission, they will be placed on probation for two weeks. This is to protect citizen and player safety.

More stuff will be posted to a wiki for this faction, as it’s got its own conlang, history, and culture, all of which would be too long to put here.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MossyStone48

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Kinda blocky logo ain't it?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    so you're not joining?
    I'm already in 2 factions and am making my own NPC faction thank you very much. :^D

It's not wrong to provide non-demeaning critique or posts is it? :thinking:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    nope. just looks like you're posting to be seen in a thread meant for an RP sign up.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    nope. just looks like you're posting to be seen in a thread meant for an RP sign up.
    Maybe i'm implying i'd be willing to help improve the logo, you don't know. ;)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    you're never so subtle. you'd say it outright for maximum impact.
    there's literally pages of evidence on this forum alone.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe i'm implying i'd be willing to help improve the logo, you don't know. ;)
    You ad scratches, I make a "playdo version"?
    On a more serious note, that Logo really could need some love. It's blocky but not blocky enough to be reproduced in starmade at any reasonable scale and the asymmetry of the triangle doesn't help either.

The idea behind this sounds nice, but I'm somewhat doubtful that it will really work out, partially due to the low playerbase atm, maybe I'm proven wrong tho.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    you're never so subtle. you'd say it outright for maximum impact.
    there's literally pages of evidence on this forum alone.
    You mean from 3 years ago and such? Also stop derailing bruh.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    The idea behind this sounds nice, but I'm somewhat doubtful that it will really work out, partially due to the low playerbase atm, maybe I'm proven wrong tho.
    aye. but i thought it was worth seeing who jumped in. maybe join up. it'd be nice to just be a player character and not the friggin DM.

Reaction score
    To address the logo, it’s a placeholder that I slapped together in a pixel art program on my iPad. I’m working on a better version of it, but that may take time.
    [doublepost=1541768193,1541768099][/doublepost]
    Kinda blocky logo ain't it?
    Yeah, it’s a placeholder though. I’m going to make a better version once I get my drawing tablet working again.
    [doublepost=1541770624][/doublepost]
    aye. but i thought it was worth seeing who jumped in. maybe join up. it'd be nice to just be a player character and not the friggin DM.
    The app for membership is live now, so if you want to join you can. I’m going to see if I can get a friend or two from my Deviantart acc. to join as well.
    Still need to find a server though.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm finally back, and I have a few updates to this! I don't know if i should make a new post though.

For one, HYtech Industries ships have gotten way more diverse, and most of the older models have been discontinued (my old save got corrupted, so the files are irretrievable.)
    HYtech Industries has also opened two new branches, EVTEK Ltd. And Vaari Dynamics LTD. These focus on ships for two Federation member species, the Vairans and the Evya.
    Most new ships are Vaari Dynamics LTD. Vessels.

Our Vaari Dynamics branch specializes in colonization vessels, long range warships, and long-range mass transportation technologies. Its flagship vessel, the Vaire class corvette, is a small and quick vessel designed for recon, exploration, and personnel transport. Its most powerful vessel, the Singularity class cruiser, is a massive vessel built to tank hits and to deal significant damage.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Reilly Reese