Humongous Asteroids

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    While playing on the NASS, most asteroids were regular sized asteroids varying from 1k blocks to 500k blocks and sometimes the rare 800k asteroid, but they were still fairly small asteroids. However, after traveling out to the outer rim of the galaxy during the Maelstrom Campaign, I encountered asteroids with 10-100 million block asteroids. These behemoths only spawned way out, far away from the trade lanes and dense civilizations of the galactic center. I know these were created a recent update, but where do they spawn? NASS just reset so you would expect to see these asteroids more frequently, however after traveling for a few systems and visiting their asteroid belts, I have found none. Do they spawn in special sectors or just far out from the galactic core? Are they just rare(I would think not, however, because I found them plentiful out during the Maelstrom Campaign.) Or is it just a setting that was reset in the server.cfg file that effects whether or not there are giant asteroids?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    On the galaxy map, there are 2 colors of circles around each sun. One color indicates planetary orbits, so 1 or 2 planets per orbit will show up in sectors crossed by the circles. The other color indicates asteroid belts, so sectors crossed by those circles may have asteroids. IIRC, purple = planets and yellow = asteroids.

In the server.cfg: ASTEROID_RADIUS_MAX = 64 //Asteroid max radius in blocks (from -x to +x)
    That will determine whether there are large asteroids in the server, based on the number the admin sets.

Reaction score
    first....what's a malstrom campaign?

and second.....there are huge roids? gatdangit I gotta find these things.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Odds are that the asteroids in heavily populated areas never got their sectors unloaded due to them not being empty since the update.

The ones farther out unloaded and were replaced by the new ones.

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    first....what's a malstrom campaign?

and second.....there are huge roids? gatdangit I gotta find these things.
    Something that happened on the NASS, where I named a conflict against a ship stealing faction known as Maelstrom. And yeah, he had so many giant asteroids around his base it was nuts. He had like a 12 million block one right next to his base.
    [doublepost=1477062849,1477062327][/doublepost]
    Odds are that the asteroids in heavily populated areas never got their sectors unloaded due to them not being empty since the update.

The ones farther out unloaded and were replaced by the new ones.
    So why would a completely new universe not have any large asteroids spawning? The server was reset just a few days ago.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So why would a completely new universe not have any large asteroids spawning? The server was reset just a few days ago.
    If it was a complete wipe, everybody start from scratch, I don't know. They should all be huge.

If the admin was saving player sectors and restoring them after the reset to let people have their old stuff back, then the sector saves would have included the old style asteroids.