Hulls/Armors multislots work as one item instead of many!

Would you like the blocks with different shapes to be treated as only one block?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Reaction score
    The idea of having more than just cube blocks to build stuff is great, having these edge like blocks are handy for building. But I often get frustrated when I save a blueprint of a somewhat complex construct and to spawn it I have to buy block by block of (especially) the hulls and armor edges and alike.

My suggestion is to make it only one block instead of many to buy, filter in the storages and other things.
    So when I buy a "Standard Armor" I don't have to buy every single "Standard Armor Wedge" that I'm gonna need, just select the shape of it at the time I'll place it.

These blocks would be shown as the current "multislot" icon at the inventory.

Since the cube like hull/armor are all the same price and HP (for that same type, hull/standard armor/advanced armor) it will only make it easy to buy hulls and armor and filtering it in storages.

This also applies to all the blocks that have just a shape variant.

Reactions: ltmauve
    Reaction score
    I personally wouldn't mind not having this but if this was implemented, it takes one step of crafting out of the equation. Depending on who you are, this may or may not be a good thing.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I see this being a good mod. I'm not sure it should be in the default game, because some people seem to be attached to the idea of fiddling with a bunch of different blocks with subjective excuses like playability, realism, challenge, more interesting, less frustrating, blah, blah, blah.

I definitely see the value in not needing every stinkin' block type to finish a blueprint.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like it. We use plex-scifi-tech to build and remove blocks, so why could we not choose the shape of the block when placing it, every shape use the same material

That sounds good
    edit: jayman's right it would help the current blueprint spawn system A LOT