Hull Temperature Display

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, I know we have a heat map that helps define where asteroids spawn, and I know that there is a zone around each star that is defined as damaging, so is there any way we could use some of this information to display hull temperature on the display?

Objective of this would be:

1) Knowing what region you are in when hunting for asteroids.
    2) Being able to tell how close to any given star you can be before taking heat damage (since star size/color changes the danger zone, making it difficult to tell just how close is too close).
    3) Having a visible warning on the screen when you are getting close to taking heat damage.

And possibly:
    4) Having the jump drive be able to check the heat zone of the exit point so that it can give you a "Jump exits too close to star, jump anyway?" confirmation, or to outright disable the jump drive's activation when it would drop you off inside of a star.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Okay, I know we have a heat map that helps define where asteroids spawn, and I know that there is a zone around each star that is defined as damaging, so is there any way we could use some of this information to display hull temperature on the display?

Objective of this would be:

1) Knowing what region you are in when hunting for asteroids.
    2) Being able to tell how close to any given star you can be before taking heat damage (since star size/color changes the danger zone, making it difficult to tell just how close is too close).
    3) Having a visible warning on the screen when you are getting close to taking heat damage.

And possibly:
    4) Having the jump drive be able to check the heat zone of the exit point so that it can give you a "Jump exits too close to star, jump anyway?" confirmation, or to outright disable the jump drive's activation when it would drop you off inside of a star.
    Fanceh. I like.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Problem being here, there is no heat per say. Your either in a sector that deals damage or your not. Amount only varies if your near the star or inside the star. And there is already a pretty big warning when your in one that deals damage.

Alternatively a marker along your path showing where your next jump would exit would be great, as well as the damage sectors for a star being marker on the map the same way asteroid sectors are. Maybe even a nice warning symbol next to way point markers for a damage sector.