Hull shapes in multislot as single inventory item, no factories necessary.

Reaction score
    If different shapes were merged into one inventory item, it would be easier to manage. The multislot would be used to select which shape to place; you would not need a factory to form blocks into different shapes.

On the ship, they would still be used as their different blockids. Old blockids could be easily converted, to move to the new system. And also just in case some kind of bug shows up where you get the blockid 5 as an inventory item even though it's supposed to create a multislot.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don't think anything with the IDs would have to change, just the way the multitasks are handled and have them pull from a single resource count. This is a change I support as it's kind of a feature I though was going to original be part of the multitask system.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Would that not include adding some form of meta data to the block ID format that is currently in the game? Probably something schema does not want to do.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would that not include adding some form of meta data to the block ID format that is currently in the game? Probably something schema does not want to do.
    No, all you would have to have the remove filter respond to 5 IDs instead of 1, and have multislot be default for the hull types and have it share the count between all of them. You would also need to have the shaped blocks put a solid block in your inventory.

Reactions: PizzaPress