Hull Hardening Effects

Reaction score
    I sat down this evening to get a better grasp on some of the new weapons and effects. During the course of this I decided to see what had become of my favorite missiles. It wasn't long before I realized missiles are still hull Killers of the worst sort. However I then remembered we now have ways of hardening the hull.

I set about connecting as many punch-through hardeners as I could to a disposable target. Once finished I had about an 80% damage reduction according to the Structure tab. However when I fired a standard 10 block missile with no enhancements at my target it did the exact same amount of damage as it would have done without a single punch through hardner. I have power for the blocks (unless they are 100 ea in which case I dont think I had enough. But I see no evidence of power drain) I "think" the punch-through enhances are connected properly??? I am seeing 80% resistance in the Structure menu. But Im getting 0% effect.

Please Help!

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I sat down this evening to get a better grasp on some of the new weapons and effects. During the course of this I decided to see what had become of my favorite missiles. It wasn't long before I realized missiles are still hull Killers of the worst sort. However I then remembered we now have ways of hardening the hull.

I set about connecting as many punch-through hardeners as I could to a disposable target. Once finished I had about an 80% damage reduction according to the Structure tab. However when I fired a standard 10 block missile with no enhancements at my target it did the exact same amount of damage as it would have done without a single punch through hardner. I have power for the blocks (unless they are 100 ea in which case I dont think I had enough. But I see no evidence of power drain) I "think" the punch-through enhances are connected properly??? I am seeing 80% resistance in the Structure menu. But Im getting 0% effect.

Please Help!

You have to turn the effect module's computer on in the weapons hotbar.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    What Azerieah Said, you have to activate the effect in the hotbar, but I dont think the effect continues when you leave the ship regardless o -o

Would need a second person to really test the Effects methinks.

Reaction score
    yeah, it works like a gun, or a cloaker (active power drain). put it on your hotbar to activate. spawning missile pirates would probably work.

Reaction score
    Thank you guys that's a very big help. Unfortunately it makes testing the effects almost impossible alone...

Reaction score
    no, you can spawn pirates with missiles, and give your ship trading guild ai

the command for spawning pirates is /initiate_wave 1 1

the command for trading guild ai is /start_ship_ai -2

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Just activate it with logic. No need to be in the ship in that case.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    let me know if these defensive systems actioly work, i've been wondering myself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The effects do continue when you leave the ship, or did in 0.157 anyways. I haven't tried 0.159 yet, but I had built a ship, turrets, and a fighter which all had > 100% shield and armor buffs and turned the systems on in each one, and they stayed on when I got out. They do eventually turn off, but the "when" seems to be "several hours later" or something. (I had also flown it into and through a sun without taking damage, with the turrets and fighter docked to the ship)