Hull corner orientation

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would love to see the hull corner orentation expaned so that the flat square side can face left, right, forward, and back not just up and down. This would alow for some smoother edges where currently you cant make a corner peice fit. To see what I meen place slope pieces on the x and y axis then place a corner peice were they meet. You will see that with the current eight rotations you can do with a corner peice it wont line up right.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was wondering about this as well earlier today while building as I discovered it. Also, shouldn\'t there be a more efficent way for aligning blocks with the right rotation? What about you hold the button down while placing and then use WASDQE while holding down to align the block?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, I made a topic about this, but it got lost somewhere. Hope more people talk about this as some of my ships have annoying empty areas where a corner hull could have been.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And maybe an inverted corner for those fun squared off dips that the normal corner huls just don\'t quite fit into.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    like to see the additional orientations available.

However, doing so will make scrolling through them all a bit tedious, so I would propose that the orientation system be changed so that you look at a surface, and then use m-wheel or some keys to scroll through all orientations in which the flat surface of the corner wedge is against that surface.

This would reduce the orientations necessary to scroll through to a maximum of 4.

Additionally, this could be implemented for all blocks in some way. reducing the amount of scrolling necessary...

Reaction score
    Split the current orientation option into two parts. One option handles facing. Up, down, left, right, forwards, and backwards. The other handles rotation spinning the block on it\'s base in 90 degree increments.

This would give us access to all 24 possible orientations in 8 clicks or less. That\'s twice as many options as wedges have now but it would take less time for you to get to the one you want. It\'s also probably the most sane way to handle wedge corner blocks.

I would also like to see this applied to more blocks, such as decorative panels. This would allow for greater variation is the patterns you could have. For example you could place a BOBBY AI facing up and then spin it so that it\'s chin is pointing towards the front of the ship (currently I believe the top of it\'s head is always pointed towards the front if it\'s facing up).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    most certainly the first issue i found in StarMade. those pesky corners where i don\'t know what to do to make it look decent, because there\'s nothing that\'s possible. i\'ve scrapped ships because of those corners and started over :(

@Sagethe13th

o.0 +5

Reaction score
    they need to fold out, i got a walkway on my station with normel hull cubes at the corners cause they dont fold out,

http://star-made.org/content/resurrection-dead-empire?page=1#comment-45938 find my walkways, see what i mean by folding out

Reaction score
    Also, could you post a pic is this topic. Searching though a whole other topic isn\'t very productive.