Hull Armor Absorption

Reaction score
    +1 I was actually going to suggest this my self until you put this!! I love it since it represents space opera fighting much better than just shoot for the core.

Also this would mean that for a fighter its possible to fly around with no shields and not die instantly while for a capital ship they would now have the ability to survive a large amount of incoming fire from light weapons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right now hull is useless, and there have been all sorts of sugestions to make AMC\'s be nerfed against hull, or add tons of new kinds of hull blocks. This one would be a huge balance fix for the AMC\'s which the AI can easily use to kill you by simply drilling a tiny hole into your core.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I can\'t really support this because it won\'t really change much, if it splashes, we will just make AMC\'s powerful enough to keep drilling through hard hull.

Why not have a world of tanks type thing where there is a chance of a \'bounced shell.\' the greater the angle of attack, the higher chance of a bounce.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Would be fun if something does less than 1 damage => 0 damage to many hull pieces.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...This actually makes complete sense, and would work really well (Though it wouldn\'t stop core drilling, merely slow it down to a tolerable speed;... The only thing that would fix that is to give ships other weakpoints.). +100. It would also be pretty neat if any AMC hit directly to, say, engines would spread out to other engine blocks, potentially disabling your entire engine system, which would create more incentive to have multiple engine modules. (Currently, having one is the most efficient and there\'s no reason to have more as they just eat up power)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    you are a trully gifted idividual, this needs to be impemented into the game, and I especially like the \"repair to blueprint\" function you suggested.