Huge Red Wall?

Reaction score
    Hey, ive got a bit of a problem.... while creating my factions headquaters this giant red wall popped up, it seems to ressemble the effect when your shield is hit and it mirrors any blocks that i place or remove :L

ill try and attach a screen shot -

any help or ideas of what to do will be appreciated!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looks to me like the red wall that appears when using symmetry mode in the advanced build settings. One\'s blue, one\'s red, and the other\'s green, along each x y z axis. Not sure why it\'s appearing in real-space outside of the advanced build mode though... Probably a bug.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You do indeed have symmetry mode on. Hold LCONTROL and you will see that the YZ plane is set. You can press \"unset\" to get rid of it. But I recommend you drop what you\'re doing now and learn how to build in symmetry. The longer you wait, the harder you\'ll kick yourself for not knowing it later.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yup! :D

I remember kicking myself once for spending ages trying to build a ship, then someone showed me the advanced build mode and I realised I could\'ve been done hours earlier.

Symmetry is great for circles, and you can set the point of symmetry on any block, or have different axis be mirrored in different places, which can be useful.

Building 10 blocks in any axis at a time is fun. Makes it easy to create a big block of grey hull and then \'carve\' the shape you want in standard build mode for structures with a more fluid, smooth look ultimately.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I remember building circle and round-ish stuff that could make the work 4 times easier, but that while the Adv Build mode didn\'t exist, so, symmetry wasn\'t even though of xD At least I had no reason to kick myself :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Same here.

I kicked myself alot once i figured i could have used this to make my ships alot easier :P