HT-Faltex (14.6m DPS turret)

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Considering it, actually. The firepower would be a continuous 25.1 million DPS when docked to the homebase. >:D

Reaction score
    I almost feel wrong calling it a turret and not a supercapital. But then I remember the Titans from EVE have turrets this size and are still WAY bigger then them. Untill that day though. Untill that day.....

Reaction score
    I have to remember not to leave the game in the same area as the turret next time, else I crash upo loading heh.

Reaction score
    Whenever I can figure out a way to stop it from lagging, due to the connected AMCs. It seems to cause problems even when the computer isn\'t selected, so I\'m going to attempt to use multiple weapons computers, and see if that makes any difference. When I get that figured out, its just a simple matter of filling the rest of the spaces in the barrels.

Reaction score
    How did you plan the curves for the center part of the turret?

Please don\'t say you eyball those because that is just amazing

Reaction score
    Well if it makes it better it was more of trial-and-error.. I usually try to do that kind of stuff without any tools, also glad you like it!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Altho i helped alot with this turret he has been working on it for over a few months. Some people finish titans in that amount of time but he was very busy. I ended up PM\'ing him asking if i could help and he said sure. You would not belive how much fun it was working on this project and about 1-2 weeks from completion *that was unknown at the time* Thiago joined us ( Who ever thought putting in AMCS can take 23 hours?) He helped alot in the constuction of the AMCs in the barrel at the max we had 3 people working on the turret. Me Thiago And A_Fat. Nearing the ned of the build stage FPS started dropping and for the link of ALL THE AMCS AT ONCE it took 4 mins of starmade not responding but then they where linked.

Reaction score
    Ahh yes that reminds me to put you guys into the OP, forgot about that as I was taking a final small break from this thing.. We still gotta fill those barrels haha.

Reaction score
    Going with a post I made a while back, and I\'m unsure of its accurateness by now.. roughly 150m e/sec, but I really feel like this is way off. Sorry, I haven\'t had the time in a while to go back and add the last blocks I needed to. If I had to make a more random guess... I would say up around 1 billion e/sec maybe. Again sorry, but when I remember, and get the chance I\'ll update it for you.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    +1

Limit number of weapon CPUs (currently 10 in your hotbar, but how will AI handle that?)

Increase the power usage of weapons for each above 1 per computer (maybe by 0.1? dunno how it is currently done, but I heard it is already done).

Make dps scaling inverse exponential to encurage a lot of small crashing possibilites or exponential to further increase the core drilling issue?

Dunno, but I think at least this turret has a weak spot against fightere-swarms with exactly 1 million power regen and cloak/stealth. Behind their output - a half sphere.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Limit number of weapon CPUs (currently 10 in your hotbar, but how will AI handle that?)
    • Increase the power usage of weapons for each above 1 per computer (maybe by 0.1? dunno how it is currently done, but I heard it is already done).
    • Make dps scaling inverse exponential to encurage a lot of small crashing possibilites or exponential to further increase the core drilling issue?
    • Dunno, but I think at least this turret has a weak spot against fightere-swarms with exactly 1 million power regen and cloak/stealth. Behind their output - a half sphere.

I hate laggy turrets. Don\'t promote them :(

Except that, good job (wasting your life vs artificial limits >:-}) :)