HT-Faltex (14.6m DPS turret)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am currently working on a much larger turret that because of the current state of the game will have significantly less dps but will still be powerful and damn hard to kill. It will have an estimated 28mil shields and that is on the low end of the estimation.

Reaction score
    Might as well add the progress of a months work... Yea not much at all. Been rather busy, so this is going to take a while...

Also, @Mike

What about the current version is going to render it obsolete? I\'ve missed quite a lot it seems, but if its something to do with energy requirments which is the last update I remember, the turret should be able to handle the energy requirments.. Or according to the structure menu anyways.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Careful with that Structure panel. Aparently it says the energy consumption per shot, not per second, so it can change things quite a lot if your cannons shoot fast. I had a cannon on my ship that used to have 2-something million DPS (now it is less after the AMC nerf), and while it consumed less than 10mil e/sec before, now it uses over a hundred million. I reccomend doing a fire test on the latest version.

Reaction score
    Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that part up. Seeing as it has around 2-3 times more regen than energy needed per shot, and a fairly large power capacity.. It should be able to sustain fire for a small while.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    How many shots per second does it fire, and what is the power consumption per shot?

Reaction score
    I found the cost per second of shot to be 142m e/sec, and it currently has a power capacity of about 777m (Going to up this a lot..) which allows it to shoot for about 5.5s and recharge fully in 35s.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    is there a download for the smaller one?

and if you put the smaller one on top of it that wauld be awsome slike insted of the boring flat top (no affence) and it would be more powerful and effiahant

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My computer will probly run at maybie 800 fps with it on and next update 1200 fps so i am fine it it would be awsome

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I don\'t think you are aware of what happens when 2 big objects get close in this game. I was the one that managed to dock his other turret on the ship (wich was way smaller than this turret BTW), and while normally I can run the game fine, getting those two things 30 blocks away from eachother dropped me to 1 FPS and got me a few crashes.

If you want to see an example for yourself, try spawning a ship with 1mil+ blocks and ram a planet with it.

And by the way, the problem is not people using it, but actually managing to dock the damn thing.

Reaction score
    Once we get around to finishing all the main parts, we would like to make it look a bit nicer, so we have a few plans for the top. Also, download for the smaller turret: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5rwEMrwJOZZUXBGZ2F3Y3dIQ2M/edit?pli=1

Reaction score
    I knew this was bigger then the AX-Shockwave but I didn\'t know by how much. That turret is almost as big..if not bigger then the ship the Shockwave was on!

Reaction score
    The turret is nearly 3 times the mass of the ship and ShockWave turret combined, so yes.. It is much bigger :)

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You should call the turret MFHT
    (MotherFucking Huge Turret)