HT-Faltex (14.6m DPS turret)

Reaction score
    Well to start off, thats what me and multiple others calculated, so I'm fairly certain its correct..

Otherwise, the turret itself is still under construction, and at this rate, may take me another week or two to complete it. Currently the turret is sitting at 20m power regeneration, 1 billion power capacity, 13m shields, and 152k thrust.

There are 2738 seperate lines of AMCs in the whole thing, each dealing about 9.171k DPS, but I may increase it further down the road.

Other than that, two small pictures of it: http://imgur.com/Q2iZm3O http://imgur.com/wQ9ux6M

And with that, back to building :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help edit: I would also like to note that although I did the bulk of the planning, and for the most part building, both AAlexandrosTGreat and Thiago TGM helped me greatly on this as without them I would have slowly lost my sanity..

Turret File edit: Just adding pictures and the turret file up top here, just keep in mind this isn't the finished turret as there is still room left in the barrels to fill with power storage.. But it still delivers enough apocalypes-ness in its current condition.

Also, I would reccomend not leaving the game in a sector near it..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwaPpi536vqxT2ZUNnVjejRJNlU/edit?usp=sharing

Reaction score
    How is this a turret?

Sounds more like an orbital defense platform or something

You have 2 million AMC blocks alone

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    might I remind you that shops are NOT approved as munitions by the Trading Guild. They need those to be greedy, not thrown at other objects at c0.9.

Reaction score
    I\'m glad to see something even crazier than my Mako Cannon. What intrigues me more is where you would plan to dock this thing. With how wide the base seems to be you would likely have a number of issues including the initial docking and operation. That said, what do you plan to burden with this?

Reaction score
    Originally I had planned to put 4 of them on a single ship, but with how its turned out, I don\'t think I\'ll be putting one on. I have a slightly smaller turret that I use for station defence, http://imgur.com/csFpIgR , so I\'ll probably put this one to the same use for a while, until I get around to attempting to even build such a ship hold 4 of them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just to be sure, here is the formula for DPS:

((1000/reload)*damage)* identical cannons

If this gets built and completed without AMC corruption, I\'ll have something to outbuild! (Finally)

Looking foward to it!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It\'s already built and tested, don\'t you see the last post above yours ? And it\'s image :D

Oh well, I will love when mass affects turrets, this hump won\'t even find a station before being blown up ^^

Reaction score
    Thats a big turret you have. However, I notice that some of the power blocks are adjacent to a point where you might receive less power. I thought that the most efficient way to store power was to alternate lines like so:

| | |

| |

| | |

Please correct me if I\'m wrong. (im not too familiar with the power mechanic )

Ayatollah_RockNRoller

Meat Popsicle
    Reaction score
    I seriously hate the bigger is better shit. Another ship that lags the server or crashes it when you get too close to something else. They need to fix this, and find a way to discourage server crashers like this.

Reaction score
    @Crusade Yep then, got it right. Also looking forward to it, planning on building some more.

@Imperial_Gold I did make an XYZ pattern all inside that somewhere, to get somewhere above 1m regen. By then there isn\'t much of a bonus, so it wasn\'t worth the effort or space to make more, so I just made a big block.

@Ayatollah I have no plans on actually putting it on a ship, and bringing it to a server, I just enjoy creating things like this. But otherwise if you mounted it on something like, for example a station, its not really going to affect the server, unless you mount it on a ship because thats when things get bad. On the current one I play on, I have two of the previous turrets mounted on a station, and despite a small FPS drop when approaching it, it doesn\'t seem to affect the server at all. For me, its a singleplayer only thing, as I would rather play StarMade than crash servers :P

Reaction score
    Finally getting some work done again, with some good help from AAlexandrosTGreat. I\'ve decided to give it a rather less pleasing look, but looks never helped in combat anyways.

Just a small update picture, progress should be definently picking up now...

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I want to see the hole the gpu melts through my computer after 1 shot of this

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I want you to see that it can\'t even fire once, in this version of the game :P

This turret is now obsolete, the servers are fine with 3000 bullets (even though they won\'t happen, on this turret), and have fun with some other topic ^^

-Mike