Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Usually, you choose fighters for a few reasons:
    If the enemy weapons overkill.​
    This one is often overlooked.

Against the people that like to use x/Pulse for those really big hits, they take forever to reload. A small fighter or a drone eating that blast means the carrier/other ships are safe from that weapon potentially for the rest of the fight.

Better IMO to think of fighters/drones as "ablative armor". You expect to lose a couple of them in every fight, but as a whole the swarm keeps you safe.​

Reaction score
    Derailed to thread about fighters..:p Well give it a few updates. Drones/Fighters are viable, just a pain in the ass to work with them. And they are not very smart. Personally I'm hoping the fleet ui gets a makeover when that update happens.

Reaction score
    I am not saying it is unrealistic, it is just.... I guess I am not gonna bother building pilot controlled fighters anymore lol.

Reaction score
    I am not saying it is unrealistic, it is just.... I guess I am not gonna bother building pilot controlled fighters anymore lol.
    They are fun in controlled field which is half of PvP in this game.. Now if crew update gives a benefit for fighters with interior..thatl be changer if it's not so complex to use

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No, there's not much point in that currently.

If you're going to build fighters, you can build them to be piloted, but assume they're going to be used by the AI mostly.

Reaction score
    Again, just duel your fighters with there's. I wouldn't discount fighters in the game. But since PvP is very I'm going to challenge you. Do you accept. I'd have fun and not think it's not viable because of macro combat metagame.