How to update server to latest dev version from command line

Reaction score
    I'm running a StarMade server on a virtual Linux box (specifically Ubuntu 14.04), and have no GUI.

I was able to update the game by just running the starter from command line ... and then had to Ctrl+C out of it (unless there's a better way I am unaware of to exit / to start the server from command line).

Now I want to update to the latest dev version. But by default, it only updates to release versions, so ... what do?

(Edit: Tried using "-force" to 'force' an update although I don't think that would work...BUT I don't know how to actually pass that from "java -jar ./StarMade-Starter.jar -nogui" so help on that would be appreciated as well.

Reaction score
    I'm guessing you will have to edit the config file in ~/.StarMade. If it doesn't exist, copy it from another computer (it is created after changing settings in the launcher).
    The launcher not exiting is a bug.

Reaction score
    I'm guessing you will have to edit the config file in ~/.StarMade. If it doesn't exist, copy it from another computer (it is created after changing settings in the launcher).
    The launcher not exiting is a bug.
    I tried that, maybe I wasn't looking too closely, what is the value I'm looking for? Would what Megacrafter127 said work?

Reaction score
    Alright, thank you for your assistance both of you. Got it set up better now. ^^