how to restart my rented server?

Reaction score
    i rented a server from Thesmelter, like the StarMade website recommended, and me an a friend was having a ton of fun with it, until we decided to get some huge ships and attack a pirate base. our games crashed after that, and continued to do so when we entered our ships, so i made the decision of using admin commands to simply remove our huge ships, which worked just fine, but then the server started lagging horribly for a long time (we were unable to get any response from anything other than movement keys) so i suggested i use the /shutdown, and i did so, and the server shut down after a while, but now the issue is..... none of us know how to start the server up again. i thought maybe it did it automaticly, but now, around 30 minutes later, we can still not connect.

any ideas?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The host should have provided you with the details for a web based control panel to use the server. If not, drop them a support ticket.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    The host should have provided you with the details for a web based control panel to use the server. If not, drop them a support ticket.
    ^ That. The server I admin is hosted by TheSmelter, they have a web-based control panel. If you log in there, you should be able to access your server. Files, start/stop/restart button, etc. is all in there.

Reaction score
    Aye, it worked this time, but i had to re-set my password to gain access to the panel. at any rate, the issue is now fixed.