How to rename your ship. (Start a Faction Also)

Reaction score
    There may be a another way to do this. If there is, I haven't found it yet.
    If the ship already has a faction block then just hit "R" on it after you create a faction. If it doesn't then place your faction block anywhere on the ship you wish after you create your faction.

First you need to create a faction and have a faction block.

How to start A faction -
    1. Hit "I' then at top click on "Faction"
    2. You'll now see an option to create a faction.
    3. Create your faction and name it whatever you wish.
    There you go, you now have a faction. You can hit "I" and go back to Faction and set your ranks, permssions per rank etc if you so choose.

How to rename your ship/Base

1. Make sure you are in build mode and have a Faction Block placed. (On planetary bases and space stations place a build block first and hit "R" on it.
    2.Hit "R" on your faction block.
    (If you already own the ship/base skip the next 2 steps).
    3. Click "Enter Faction Signature".
    The window will close at this point and you own it if you hadn't already.
    4.HIt "R" on the Faction Block again and click "P" beside "Permission Rank". (P is for owner which means only you can edit the structure.)

5. You have already seen an option for "rename" in your faction block at this point sooooo, that's what you click to rename your ship/base.

Hope this helps people.

Reaction score
    Another way to do this would be respawning a ship from a blueprint and giving it another name when the game asks for the name. The above Faction block method will not change the name of the structure in the server database, which respawning with another name remedies. If an Admin searches for the ship by name, ships renamed via Faction block might give several hits on the search, because the server database retains the original spawned name of the ship.