How to outfit fighters?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm currently building a fighter as an early game ship, so it should be able to survive on its own and shouldn't be too specialized. Which weapon combinations are good for such a ship? Which ones for interior weapons, anti-ship turrets, anti-missile turrets?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    AMC's ,swarms for hitting multipul targets and preferably a mixture of anti-missile and anti-ship turrets, if you plan to fight ships with large Sheilds then use ion effect beams. Make AMC array have ion effect as well if combating heavy shields.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Which weapons for the turrets? With which weapons should I combine the AMCs and the turret weapons?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Which weapons for the turrets? With which weapons should I combine the AMCs and the turret weapons?
    The turrets, rapid fire low damage AMC's for anti missile and heavy damage missiles or AMCS with the anti ship turrets, if possible fit an overdrive onto the ship. As for weapon slaves, I don't know what each one does yet sorry..

Reaction score
    I'd probably use missile + beam (lockon) as my primary weapon system, as it is ideal for taking out the current pirate stations without any return fire (due to long range). Even if you blow up the plexstorages by accident, you can still salvage the station for actual blocks, not scrap or ores. Very good way to get a quick start.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'd probably use missile + beam (lockon) as my primary weapon system, as it is ideal for taking out the current pirate stations without any return fire (due to long range). Even if you blow up the plexstorages by accident, you can still salvage the station for actual blocks, not scrap or ores. Very good way to get a quick start.
    I'd prefer optimizing the ship for fighter-fighter combat.

Reaction score
    The turrets, rapid fire low damage AMC's for anti missile and heavy damage missiles or AMCS with the anti ship turrets, if possible fit an overdrive onto the ship. As for weapon slaves, I don't know what each one does yet sorry..

maybe this could help you both :)

Reaction score
    I have had my fair share of tests with fighters recently. ( thank you Matt for letting me use your fleet as target practise. :P )

Anyway, I ended up with just normal 6 AMC arrays with AMC as slaves and punch as effect.
    As its a fighter I dont think turrets are needed ( a fighter is small no?)
    I have seen fighters that have one turret but it was their main weapon array.

So jeha, try:
    Main : AMC
    Slave: AMC
    Effect: Punch

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Roscal

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Anti missile turrets are not working overly great more on the piss poor side using beam or amc's tried a few various models, they may hit the odd 1 out 100 tries best hit ratio was 16 gun amc rapid fire for hitting just one missile at point blank, turret already facing the missile launch area at a range of 3000 meters. Also tried a 3 barrel small turret with the same set up's and same problem there has to be a better missile radar system for anti missile defense system
    Turret tracking is way to slow, most hits occur at point blank ranges , and a cheap ass missile coming out of a pew pew turret will take out most of turrets there when directly fired at them, better off playing warping and firing missiles game type of engagement for both offence and defense.

Reaction score
    Shotgun right now are janky. They don't properly randomize so your shots will always go out in the same vectors. You can see this best with beams.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    What kind of fighter has anti-ship turrets?

You'll be wanting a Cannon-Cannon-Overdrive and some Missile-Beam-Explosives for your starter ship.

Possibly a very, very small cannon-cannon turret for antimissile stuff

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    What kind of fighter has anti-ship turrets?

You'll be wanting a Cannon-Cannon-Overdrive and some Missile-Beam-Explosives for your starter ship.

Possibly a very, very small cannon-cannon turret for antimissile stuff
    He asked what anti turret ships should have, so I answered.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My personal favorite primary weapon is cannon+cannon+explosive. It's good to have some missile+laser+punchthrough, too.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    If I outsource my lock on missile launcher to a turret I can shoot with cannons all the time, while Bobby fires the missiles.
    Good point, though on ships that small I'm really not sure where you'd put any turrets big enough to do that effectively.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I outfit most fighters with Cannon/Cannon/Explosive or Beam/Cannon/Explosive and Missile/Beam or Missile/Missile.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I made some tests and the cannon-cannon anti-missile turrets are pretty good at destroying my own missiles. o_O

Winterhome

Reaction score
    I made some tests and the cannon-cannon anti-missile turrets are pretty good at destroying my own missiles. o_O

Depends on what server you're on.

server.cfg has a setting for point defense turrets to shoot your own faction's missiles - including your own.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I outfit most fighters with Cannon/Cannon/Explosive or Beam/Cannon/Explosive and Missile/Beam or Missile/Missile.
    I have to test the explosive effect, but I already like the defensive use of it. Enemy uses stop effect? Unlink and unstuck!

server.cfg has a setting for point defense turrets to shoot your own faction's missiles - including your own.
    Yes, but each turret needs to be factioned properly.