How to modify weapons?

Reaction score
    would be great if there was a sticky thread on how to do that.

I tried the search function but it didn't give any relevant results.

The only thing I can find in my relevant folder is CustomBlockConfig, but that only deals with the Cannon, and it misses the majority of effects (it only has data for cannon + cannon thats it)

Wheres the file I should be looking for?

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    The data you're looking for is in data/config/blockBehaviourConfig.xml I guess (it contains weapon damage, consumption, various modifiers etc...). However, you should refrain from directly modifying that file (it'll work, but you won't be able to revert to vanilla settings and the file will be overwritten by updates), just copy the elements you want to modify in a newly created file customBlockBehaviourConfig/customBlockBehaviorConfig.xml instead (as hinted by customBlockBehaviourConfig/customBlockBehaviorConfigHOWTO.txt ).

The same goes for data/config/BlockConfig.xml (which contains blocks' hp, prices, recipes etc...)

Reaction score
    The data you're looking for is in data/config/blockBehaviourConfig.xml I guess (it contains weapon damage, consumption, various modifiers etc...). However, you should refrain from directly modifying that file (it'll work, but you won't be able to revert to vanilla settings and the file will be overwritten by updates), just copy the elements you want to modify in a newly created file customBlockBehaviourConfig/customBlockBehaviorConfig.xml instead (as hinted by customBlockBehaviourConfig/customBlockBehaviorConfigHOWTO.txt ).

The same goes for data/config/BlockConfig.xml (which contains blocks' hp, prices, recipes etc...)
    Thanks it works!

Only problem is, there seems to be a hardcoded explosion size limit for:

Cannon - Pulse - Explosive

Combination. No matter the settings, it always makes a tiny hole in the ship.

You know how to bypass this?

Also the recent update introduced some bugs for me:

- screen tearing, really heavily

- blocks >30m away flicker and are semi transparent

- pressing some button combination will crash the game (i o p h j k l n m, slowly with 1 second delay each)

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    Sorry explosive effect's radius is currently capped at 1 on cannons and beams, bigger radius aren't implemented yet. You'll have to wait until these AoE are correctly implemented on cannons and beams.

As for the other problems, I don't know :/