How to make fast torpedoes?

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Just asking how to make fast torpedoes,I tried using shootout rails but too slow.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Use a logic clock with push effect for basic forward propulsion, the push engine needs to be relatively large compared to the size of the warhead/core/reactors (need a couple)/rail/logic blocks. Personally I'm strongly considering the shoot out rail version since I only tend to use them from point blank range anyway.

You can also use a bobby module + basic long range weapon system to make a guided torpedo/kamikaze bomber, however since the latest thrust changes you need to either A) set auto dampening for every single one, or B) use an alternating but slightly smaller pull effect system on a clock connected to your main push clock. Otherwise when it reaches maximum server speed the push will stop affecting it and no matter where it aims it will just keep drifting in the direction it was when it hit cap. Both of which are kind of annoying -_-

If you plan to pretty them up make sure to be really sparing on hull/not use it at all, otherwise the push/pull required skyrockets, motherboard, composite & alloy are your best bets.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    nvm its WAY better to just give them good thrust block for block than the logic pull effect thing, if you want guided. But then guided are kinda awful anyway at their job, oversized and will be targetted by turrets.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Warhead, Single Block of thrust, single block of power, push computer, push module, NOT Signal, Delay Signal, Core, Rail Docker for unguided long range torpedoes.

As for guided torpedoes you might want to use more warheads since the AI has this tendency to like avoiding collisions. A single Pulse Computer and module are all you need to get them up to pointblank range but you need a push clock to force it to smash into the target. :)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Not if you figured out how to use cloaked torpedoes that don't even have a core block.

If they stayed uncloaked when a sector was unloaded I would already have "phase mines" that you wouldn't know your in a field of them until you hit one.
    (then one scanner usage uncloaks all of them and they are useless :/ )