How to import Stations?

Reaction score
    I would like to know how to import stations, from the contest, onto my server. I need to know specifically where to put the files, into which folders, in the Star-Made folder. Also the exact command line statement to put the downloaded station into the game. I have tried : /import_sector 5 5 5 (saved_station_name) ; /load catalog_name ingame_name .

I would also like to know where to put the different stations to have them spawn in game rather than the default stations.

Thanks for the help from the community

Reaction score
    That greatly depends on the way the station was exported and packaged, but your examples there do look correct on first sight.
    In case you just want to be able to make educated judgments as soon as voting starts, you can stop your efforts right now. @AndyP is putting together a package containing all accepted submissions, which will be available for download in time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would like to know how to import stations, from the contest, onto my server. I need to know specifically where to put the files, into which folders, in the Star-Made folder. Also the exact command line statement to put the downloaded station into the game. I have tried : /import_sector 5 5 5 (saved_station_name) ; /load catalog_name ingame_name .

I would also like to know where to put the different stations to have them spawn in game rather than the default stations.

Thanks for the help from the community
    If the file is a .smsec file, it needs to be placed in the sector-export folder (not there by default, created when a sector is exported or you make it) and then imported with /import_sector

If it is a folder, then it most likely needs to be put in the blueprints folder, and imported with /load

If it is a .sment file, then it needs to go anywhere, converted to a blueprint by opening up the launcher, getting to the settings screen, clicking too tools --> Starmade Ship Catalog Manager --> Import --> find the file, then start the game and use /load

EDIT: there is a way of changing the default stations, as pointed out by @der_scheme (http://star-made.org/news/starmade-0-1595-display-block) however apparently it is bugged, so using it is not recommended yet.

Last edited: