How to Import Ships on Single or Multiplayer

Reaction score
    I know this is kind of long, sorry about that. But it took me a bit to get importing to work and this works for me on all play mode types. Some of these steps may not be needed but this is how I did it. Hopefully it helps ^_^

I download the sment. file then I throw it into my Starmade folder (no specific location just inside the folder). Then open the game client, click "start game" so it takes you to the screen where you would enter your name and or server IP's, then at the top of that menu go to Tools, then Open Ship Catalog Manager. When it opens click import and it should by default have you looking inside your Starmade folder where you put your file. Find the name of the file you downloaded and put in there and click it. It will NOT show up on list right away but don't worry. Close the client fully and re-open it (if you want when you open the Open Ship Catalog Manager now it should show the name of your import). Next start up your game in whatever mode you play in (ive tested this on single player, public servers, and a private hamachi server and it worked on all). After you are in game travel to any shop. When within shop range open up the menu (using "I" "B" or "N" whichever you prefer) then click the Catalog tab.

THIS is where most people don't put instruction. When in the Catalog tab you will see 3 tabs INSIDE Catalog near the top of the menu "Personal" "Available" and "Admin" GO TO Personal and on the top right of that Personal Catalog you will see a green "Upload entry from local" button. Click that and it will ask you to type in the name of the ship you want to import (all of the available ships should be in [----]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Everything appears in the list as it should, but when I click buy and name my ship, nothing happens. There\'s no error or message to say that it was complete or incomplete, and my credits are unchanged as well. It irritates me that the game refuses to allow any of the ship blueprints to be used, even when trying to spawn it as an AI.

Reaction score
    You have to be \"in range\" of a shop. Just get really close to a shop and al long as u have enough credits it hsould work if its on that list to be bought

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sometimes there is an issue.

I remember a small basic miner-ship I threw together having it. Basically, every time I bought it, the credits would go through, but the ship wouldn\'t actually appear anywhere. Select a different ship I saved and bam, its there. It was a glitch very specific to that one ship design.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It actually does respond with an error if I\'m not near a shop and try to do so.

Recently, though, I downloaded yet another ship file and it worked. It\'s got to be something with the ship data that it doesn\'t like, then. Though it\'s extremely odd that only one out of ten ships actually works.

Reaction score
    Sorry to hear about the buggy file. Glad you got one working though ^_^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Btw there\'s a simple tutorial here, on the WIKI, where stuff gets answered.

http://star-made.org/wiki/importingexporting-ships

Reaction score
    That is a great thread, I put a link to my thread on there as well. Just did it to help those (like myself) that are total newbs to how the game works. I saw a lot of people saying in other threads they didn\'t know where to find the catalog manager. Or how to open the catalog in game. So I was hoping to help them by detailing every step. With our powers combined we will help everyone ^_^

Reaction score
    I have followed all of the steps, however when I buy the ship the name only shows up for a brief second then dissappears. This happened to me with all of the ships I have tried to export/import to and from multiplayer and singleplayer.

I thought it may have been that game thought it was a modified blueprint, but even with that turned off the ship still disappears.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"Find the name of the file you downloaded and put in there and click it.\"

All i see is folders of the named ship, and data and the folders for turrets. there is no file that the manager lets you select! So what am i doing wrong or is the current version (alpha V0.09382) not working?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I kept adding credits to the point I was over 9000 (Just Kidding I mean 2 million) and it still says I don\'t have enough? What is enough?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure if its the right thread btu similar. I built a ship and saved it to my catalog. go to a shop and try to buy it and when it spawns it is missing parts of the ship :( made sure any changes i made i deleted old catalog entry and logged out, then logged back in and saved to catalog. bought it and it is still missing blocks, very frustrating. Anyone know how i can get it to spawn correctly when purchased? Any help would be great. I jsut dont want to have to finish a ship that should be complete every time i buy one.