how to import .nif files to smedit?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    so i found some realy nice 3d models of some ships i wanted to build but cant figure out how to import a .nif into smedit or to convert it to a .obj witch i know can be imported to smedit
    if anyone knows how please tell me

Reaction score
    I shouldn't have to say this.... but did you try searching on Google? I just did and there seems to be a few ways you can go about this. It is possible... from what I can see.

here

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    i did and so far none of the ones i found worked it was either a survey to download or adware

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    NifTools / Nifscope plug-ins for Blendr or 3DS should allow you to import NIF files, then export as .obj files ready for SMedit.

I've not tried it, but thats how i would try first.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Don't you have to put the .obj through binvox first? At least, that's how I once did one.

And yes, you can use NifTools plugins for Blender to import meshes to .blend, and use Blender's native .obj exporter to get all yer delicious SMedit-compatible thinghies.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don't you have to put the .obj through binvox first? At least, that's how I once did one.
    nope i import OBJ strate to smedit
    might come out cleaner if ran threw binvox first but i end up fixing it by hand[DOUBLEPOST=1409949013,1409947964][/DOUBLEPOST]ok i think i figured it out now thx for the help