How to get Steam Mac Screenshots!

Reaction score
    Hello everyone! I was trying to find my screen shots, and all instructions told me where to go, yet when I followed them the folders seemed to be non existent. Imagine my dismay when there seemed to be no Starmade folder at all! No amount of searching by hand or with keywords found it.

For anyone that had the same problem I wanted to post the solution I found after some mucking around. I apologize if I was the only one that didn't know how to do this.

1. launch steam

2. click on starmade

3. right click starmade

4. click 'properties' at the bottom of the drop down menu

5. there are 3 tabs shown. the third one says local files. click it

6. click "browse local files" and enjoy access to all the skin folders and screenshots!

7. optional step, drag the starmade folder to your favorites

I do not know why steam does not show its folder in the library, or application, or application support or any of the usual places. I hope this can help other steam-noobs like myself.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I do not know why steam does not show its folder in the library, or application, or application support or any of the usual places. I hope this can help other steam-noobs like myself.
    Because the Library is hidden by default because Apple knows that the vast majority of its userbase would fuck up the program files if it was visible. If you set library as visible on the HD it'll come up in searches but otherwise you're screwed

Reaction score
    Because the Library is hidden by default because Apple knows that the vast majority of its userbase would fuck up the program files if it was visible. If you set library as visible on the HD it'll come up in searches but otherwise you're screwed
    Well, not screwed when you accidently click on enough things to find what you are looking for. I prefer the file management on windows computers, even if it is not as pretty. Back when I redownloaded jedi academy onto my new computer I remember I had to go into the files and alter the files so that it would run on a single core instead of split itself between the different ones. If that problem had happened on a mac at the time I would not have known how to find the files. Messing with files is how I learned my limited bit of computer know-how xD

I'm used to finding the files with the search tool, but now any steam users will know there's another way to get at the files.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Well, not screwed when you accidently click on enough things to find what you are looking for. I prefer the file management on windows computers, even if it is not as pretty. Back when I redownloaded jedi academy onto my new computer I remember I had to go into the files and alter the files so that it would run on a single core instead of split itself between the different ones. If that problem had happened on a mac at the time I would not have known how to find the files. Messing with files is how I learned my limited bit of computer know-how xD

I'm used to finding the files with the search tool, but now any steam users will know there's another way to get at the files.
    Kek, why not use linux instead? Most default file-browsers simply have an option to show hidden files/directories, and you'll pick up a lot of knowledge through experience.

Reaction score
    Kek, why not use linux instead? Most default file-browsers simply have an option to show hidden files/directories, and you'll pick up a lot of knowledge through experience.
    If I get a new computer, I would like to instal multiples on it, linux, windows, and if I can figure out how to get mac on a non mac I'd do all three xD
    For now though I have a mac laptop that is bootcamped, and an old pc laptop that I play havoc with because it is expendable.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    If you need to find files that are hidden, use Revealer.

For starmade screenshots i just use the default OS capture. Command + Shift + 3. The screens are placed on your desktop.

You can change the directory of saved screens by doing this if you wanted.