How to find lost ship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A spend lot of hours building ship but it stuck in planet, than fall through it and fly away at higher speed that i cant reach with sec. ship (50km/h).

How to find that ship, impossible find it with nav. I cant get ID from server entity file.

Possible to get ship possition when i know ID from server? From some file?

Or its possible get ship blueprint directly from server even if ship wasnt in catalog and than build i again? Thans :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is many ways of doing this. Before we get too complicated can you press N and try to find the name of your ship on the dropdown menu. If you can find it click on it and then exit the menu. A white arrow should point at your ship. If the ship is too far and its not on there tell us and we can move on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    nope, a flied few sectors in direction of that ship and cant still see it in nav...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1.Go under admins.txt in your StarMade folder.

2.Come up with some random name that is not the one you normally use and remember it.

3.Star up the launcher and press stargame the start singleplayer.

4.While singleplayer is running tab out.

5.Open up the launcher again and go Start Game>Tools>Start Starmote Remote Tool.

6.In here add a new connection and for the name add your made up name from before.

7.For the IP give your external IP or your internal IP (It should not matter as its all being hosted on your local network).

8.Connect to the server.

9.Under the entity tab find the \"Search Entity\" button.

10.Type the name of your ship in there.

11.In the bottom it should say something like [message] FOUND: ENTITY_SHIP_SHIPNAME -> (2, 2, 2)

12.The last 3 numbers are the coords of your ship.

Hope I helped.

EDIT: Also if you are port forwarded and use a whitelist so you can play singleplayer you need to add the new name to whitelist.txt too. This will likely not apply to most of you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can also do /search SHIPNAME ingame if you wan\'t. It will give you coords.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, got it. Looks like it got teleported back to planet and is stuck again :-/

Its possible to move that ship somewhere else? Its jumping on planet so i cant get in and save it. (and client is lagging and server is overloaded ...)

Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If the ship is saved you can buy it again. I have also been able to dig some of those glitched ships out. Good luck :D If you just need to remove the ship though and its really pissing you off use the despawn entity button.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thats a problem, my ship isnt saved.

Possible to remove planet? Yeah i can dig it, but actually is nearly unplayable because of lags, so maybe there is another way to remove planet. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This saved my dumb self from losing a ship. I ejected out of my ship mid-space while I was still thrusting. Thought I wasnt ever going to see it again. THANKS THANKS THANKS ROOKERY

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So tell me why the game is giving me a freaking error message when I put a space in th search. The ships name is Gunboat v1 and the game is giving me this \"invalid parameter count used 2 but should use 1\"

Kinda dumb how that is set up. There are 20 ways it is listed but nothing tells you how to handle spaces...

Please help! Been driving me nuts!

Reaction score
    I haven\'t actually checked if this works, but try putting speech marks around the ship name,

like this: /search \"Gunboat v1\"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It comes up with not found. But I tpyed in a new test ships name with no spaces worked fine. Tryed with spaces on a ship RIGHT in front of me. And same thing. No error message with qoutes but still will not find any ships.

Reaction score
    Im actually having an issue with this search command, i tried searching for a station that i found in the data files of my server, and it still says not found, and theres no spaces in the name.

Reaction score
    when i open the starmade folder ther is no launch program and i even searched launch in the folder and ther was nothing found

is it the new update?

is ther another way i can find my ship?

Reaction score
    how do i find my ip?

and i died next to my ship teleporting me miles off does it work then too?

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    I don\'t know if this will work but press f over the ship and type in the admin commands /save (name your ship), I haven\'t tried this before so if it doesn\'t work don\'t start to shout at me.