How to find if a certain type of block is placed in your ship?

Reaction score
    For some reason I see 2 rail dockers (on the T list) when I only have one placed. Both work when I put them on the toolbar by pressing T and I can shoot with them. Both dock, one lower than the other. But I can't find where the other rail dock is placed.. weird.

I also can't find my jump modules. I deleted my jump computer to replace it, and I can't find my jump modules anywhere on the ship. It's really weird.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Pressing 1 (or 2 or 3, can't remember) on your numpad will highlight a certain block ID of your current ship. You don't really know which one it is till you fly to that destination. That could help you out.

You probably see 2 rail dockers because you used symmetry? Either way, it should have a coordinate next to it like (10, 5, 2). Your ship core is located at 8,8,8. Look at a block in (ship) build mode and press + hold right-shift. This will show block detail of the block you're looking at, including its coordinates. Using this should allow you to track that rail docker down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    The unwanted rail docker can be used to dock and you can't see it? Where is the entity connecting? Just to a regular hull block? Rail dockers need to make direct contact with the rail, you should be able to see it...

If your in single player you can always set your build area to 50^ inside the server config then use the delete block filter, max build area and some Symmetry. Just keep clicking around till you get all those unwanted blocks out.

Reaction score
    Im on multiplayer and I have no idea where the other rail dock is placed. The dock is right on the middle so its not a symmetry mistake.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445553699,1445553652][/DOUBLEPOST]And yes the dock is usable. It docks the ship a bit lower than the one I can see.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Im on multiplayer and I have no idea where the other rail dock is placed. The dock is right on the middle so its not a symmetry mistake.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445553699,1445553652][/DOUBLEPOST]And yes the dock is usable. It docks the ship a bit lower than the one I can see.
    It may be a ghost link then, can you upload a blueprint of that ship? I could try to fix it for you.

EDIT: You can send the uploaded blueprint through a conversation if you don't want it to share with anyone else.