How to effectively protect yourself with shields (Power 2.0)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Since it is going to turn into a balance issue, it will have to get optimized.

I made the mistake of putting together a shield system on my tiny super-cramped fighter interceptor that had negative integrity and took a small bit of damage from that, but it did arrive at a point where it must have positive integrity again, because it stabilized after a few hits. Im not having problems with shields not registering hits to blocks theyre supposed to be protecting either. On a pretty large ship im working on ive managed to include shield systems that overlap most of their coverage, where the center of the ship is protected by all four shield batteries. Sadly i didnt put the reactor in the center of the ship.

The mid size corvette had huge trouble maintaining positive thruster integrity, but i have fixed that. Shields have decent integrity and between two groups protect the entire ship. The biggest problem is the turrets under direct control seem to have been taking the same marksmanship classes stormtroopers do.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Concerning Integrity: I figured out that especially medium sized ships suffer from it. While very small vessels profit from the (rather) high integrity value you start with and big ships have enough space to add a big block to get a nice integrity buffer, especially medium sized ships are having a very hard time even achieving an integrity that is slighty above zero. Im pretty sure that wasnt the goal that the devs wanted to achieve by introducing integrity to the game. I really hope it gets drastically changed soon.
    Even more problematic is when the ship starts taking damage. Particularly from damage types like lots of cannons where the system gets shredded and gets negative integrity very quickly, then it all blows up causing massive lag storms.

Reactions: Dire Venom