HOW TO: Dock a Station to a Ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    WARNING! This requires the line in server.cfg ”OVERRIDE_INVALID_BLUEPRINT_TYPE” to be FALSE

Okay, so you're here to learn how to cram a station onto a ship to gain it's 'special' abilities.
    Doing this, ships can gain station features such as:

Shops
    Warpgates (destination only)
    Factories
    Undeathinator use (as of 0.19361)
    Homebase Protection (Does not extend to the ship it's docked to)

Okay, now down to the super-simple method to this madness.

1. Get a ship.
    2. Dock something to it.
    3. Convert docked entity to a station
    4. Done.

Now I know what you're thinking: “Crusade, what the hell man? This doesn't help”
    So let me elaborate:

To convert a docked entity to a station, here's what you do:

1. Download this: http://starmadedock.net/content/blueprinttype-converter.1010/

2. Save the ship with the to-be station on it as a blueprint.

3. Navigate to your blueprint folder and find the docked entity that you want to be a station, this is best done by docking a single entity and converting it before adding any turrets/extras. If it is the first entity docked, it will be called “ATTACHED_0” Send it to a zip, convert it to a station, unzip and replace the original files.

4. Next time you load the BP, the converted entity should appear a vivid blue, meaning it's a station now!

Questions? Feel free to ask.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    yea did this break?
    cause i had a nice mobile shop.... havent been on yet to check tho

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This requires the line in server.cfg ”OVERRIDE_INVALID_BLUEPRINT_TYPE” to be FALSE

If the server has it set to 'true' it'll convert the docked entites to the 'correct' types.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    dam thats a pain
    well at least the existing shop will remain....

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So, what you're telling me is that undeathinators on moving objects is functional, just not implemented yet?

What happens if you have plexlifters on it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    undeathinators work to a degree
    they end up setting your spawn point at that spot but if the ship moves your spawn stays at that spot

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    undeathinators work to a degree
    they end up setting your spawn point at that spot but if the ship moves your spawn stays at that spot
    As of the latest update, they should tie your spawning to the ship instead.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What happens if you have plexlifters on it?
    Chaos happens. Plexlifters collide with the station they're on - you just never notice it since they are normally static.

Reaction score
    So anyone tested what happens if you use one of these to claim a system and then leave it? Dose it matter if you fly or jump out?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol as someone turns the station part into a huge shell around the ship needed to move around and makes it their home base. XD The nightmares of having to face that down. >_>

I say let us make a ship a home base but make it so the ship and anything docked to it aren't able to cause damage or apply any effects. As for moving stations give them 3^3 thrusters so people can having their mobile station fixes. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can this be reversed?

It would be nice to build my 'ship' with out the damn core and then convert later.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    With push effects, I guess? Not easily, that's for damn sure.

Likewise, can the ship core just not be placed like a normal block, or is it just restricted to one per entity, cannot be removed, always first object of a ship entity? If you can design your ship and then choose the best location for a core later, that would be awesome, yeah.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    And how exactly would you pilot it?
    I would have to add the core later, obviously.

Likewise, can the ship core just not be placed like a normal block, or is it just restricted to one per entity, cannot be removed, always first object of a ship entity? If you can design your ship and then choose the best location for a core later, that would be awesome, yeah.
    Yup, restricted to one per entity, cannot be removed, always first. Can't add a second one, can't remove the first one, everything is built around the core. If you are off in your measurements by even one block, you delete the entire ship and start over. You basically have to have your entire ship designed before you place your first block, the core. You can not design in game. It's very limiting.

Hopefully the Shipyard will fix this, but until then

Can this be reversed?

It would be nice to build my 'ship' with out the damn core and then convert later.

Reaction score
    Wow... i tested this and it actually works...

I tested if the home base protections works. It does not work. (that would be overpowerd³)
    BUT!!!!! Dragging a battle station next to your enemy undocking it and then make it a homebase.....
    Mwhuaharr harr harr!!!!
    (downside you can not dock it back on any more, at least i would not know how)

It opens up a ton of posibilities.

But: Yay!!!!!! Factory ship!!!!!

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    (downside you can not dock it back on any more, at least i would not know how)
    There is no way to dock it back, consider it some sort of unintentional balancing(seeing as the possibility wasn't intended in the first place, but as it doesn't break the game (it only shifts the balance[severely]) an option was created instead of making a mandatory fix, as balance can be customized too.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Upon the faction point turn any systems claimed that way are unclaimed.
    That is actually incredibly useful. I hate mining and then forgetting to unclaim a sector with a one-person or startup faction...