How to create custom factories?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    What the title said. I can create custom blocks, but for some reason I can't get the factories to work the same as the micro assembler, refinery and basic/standard/advanced factories. The problems:
    1. I can't seem to get it to appear in the tab where you'd normally select which factory the block is made in.
    2. I haven't been able to get a "graphs" or "production info" tab once I open the factory.
    Any ideas on how to solve these problems?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I asked Calbri this very question earlier this week, here is the response he gave me when I asked about creating recipes for a specific factory and what will become of the old physical recipes:

" As for the custom factories and recipes you can modify new and existing factories in the blockeditor and add your own custom recipes (based on the new source factory/consitency settings)"

I have not has the chance to check it out yet, but you should start there. I'm not sure if it's even fully functional yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    IIRC the older factories were actually hard coded into the game, so it wouldn't surprise me if these ones were too :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel we really should be able to easily create custom factories. Maybe there should be asetting for "factory" (true/false options) and a "recipe type" option (all in one/searchable list). It would make it easier for us to create recipes.

I would appreciate it if the current recipe selection stayed too, because that way we can have multiple recipes for one block, which would for example allow us to create factories that convert partial blocks to full blocks. It also just allows us to have different ways of getting a block, for example more ways to get capsules.

@timethatswasted , I'm sorry but that doesn't really help me, as I already know how I should be able to create custom factories. And when I do I get the above problems.