How to change your skin?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, I'm not sure whether or not this was already asked, but how do you change your skin?

There is a spot when you open up the game called "Modding" then change skin or something like it. The problem is, I don't have anything to change my skin or blocks with.

If you can help me, I would feel appreciated. I know most of you are thinking "NOOB!!!" but just...help me please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I don\'t think there is a template for the skins so you know HOW to make it, but you essentially create the file with how you want it to look, upload it in that modding tab, and then every server you join, it will upload automatically so people see it. But you spend so much time in your ship it is pointless.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can find a template for the skin, it\'s located in your: StarMade\\data\\image-resource . There should be a .png file named defaultMale.png . You can use that as a template, but like Gibbons said, your mostly in your spaceship, so it is a bit of a waste. (Its only good when venturing on planets with groups of friends)

~Best of luck!

Reaction score
    At this point, I\'d just DON\'T use skins.

SOmeone named Ashash joined a server I was on.. a 14kb skin. 14 KILOBYTES.

Small, but it was enough to freeze the entire server.

Reaction score
    How can 14kb freeze your server >.>

Could\'ve been something else, the server I play on doesn\'t have this issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There\'s a video tutorial on this website. http://starmadeskins.net/how-to-change-my-starmade-skin

Regards,

Peter