How to break down lvl 5 minerals without the mineral separator

Reaction score
    I have searched far and wide for the separator, but cannot find it. I came across this post- http://star-made.org/content/starmade-00938-meta-items-new-factories

where the seperator was removed, I found a comment there that says "It's not in this version, but I will put in an old fashioned set factory for that specific purpose only: Changing mineral levels"

I cannot find any factory to break down higher level minerals. The regular input factory does not do it.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
    Things work with recipies I think, but it would defeat the point of having higher tier minerals when you have to pay 5,555,000 of that ore to breakdown L5 to L1

Thats an impossible amount.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    On the other hand, you could try to find a lvl5 to lvl 4 converter (1:1) and raise the level of the receipt to get a 1:4 ratio

Reaction score
    Some say that if you press numpad 5, it opens a cubatom fabricator, that you can use to split cubes into its prime particles or something. I noticed some particles notes like that last time i visited a shop and looked into items.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve yet to find a recipe that uses L2-L5 minerals. They all use L1. And, the cubatom system basically treats every block as having the same worth. They all make 2 cubatoms, how useful they are, depend on what you want to make.

So now, the L2-L5 minerals are really just for selling to the shops for credits, and when you have maxxed credits, to be broken down into cubatoms if nothing else is available. Eventually, forget the credit value, they\'re just more rare.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wtf seriously. I had the exact same question and LUCKILY i finally found the anwser!

Go to the Shop, And in the shop menu above the list is a selector for Recipes!!!

Press that and there you will find Recipes to Refine or Coarse the Minerals!

//EDIT

Maybe this was introduced with the latest patch. Not sure but still not many people know about it.