How to activate the admin/console commands with a *German* keyboard?

Reaction score
    Hi.

I have a German keyboard, and would like to use the admin commands (lost masses of resource by destroying a factory by accident in build mode; just trying to get that back). It says to use / which is on top of 7 on my keyboard, but nothing happens. I tried pretty much every key without success. I'm in single-player mode. I have my user name in the admins.txt.

Regards,
    Monster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Press Enter to open chat, Shift+7 makes the slash ( / ), type the rest of the command, press enter again.

Reaction score
    Thanks. One more question: How do I use the "give" command with a name that is composed of several words?

I tried "/give me alloyed metal mesh 12000" but it said the number of parameter is wrong. I used giveid instead, but was wondering if there is a work-around for that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    As mentioned above, the syntax was wrong.

But if you just want to get resources to build in a creative singleplayer, i would suggest you build near a shop and make said shop an infinite shop.
    To do that, look at a shop, select it with the F key, then type /shop_infinite in chat. After that, the shop will have an infinite stock, prices will be 0, and it will sell all items. Note, it might say its out of stock and/or still display prices, you can ignore that, it will still sell everything at 0, and never run out of stock.

Have fun building!

Reaction score
    Thanks, all.

Just wanted to say that I don't want to play in "creative mode", but after loosing basically all the starting stuff, when I was in the middle of nowhere, all alone, and suddenly my spaceship just went boom, and then using the rest of my credits to buy stuff to make a second spaceship, and spend hours salvaging a decayed station, and having like half of those resources lost just because I "pressed the wrong button" (I wanted to use the power-pistol on a factory, but deleted it instead), I felt I was justified to "cheat a bit", to get just that stuff back.