How strong is to Strong for Pirate Ships?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So i run a Server and i want to update the current pirate ships so they will pose more of a threat but i am afraid they are to powerful.

This ship is made out of Advanced Hull and only has one weapon system Cannons which do 3,240 DPS. the shields are at 43,064 with a recharge of 4,174. The ship also two turret docking modules so is this ship to OP?
    starmade-screenshot-0008.jpg starmade-screenshot-0009.jpg

I know this ship is to OP because it has Lock on missiles that do 1,800 Damage a shot with a damage radius of 72 there are 8 missiles the other weapon this ship has are two Cannons they do 2,550 DPS. The shields are at 51,229 and have a recharge of 3,234. any suggestions on how to lower this ships stats
    starmade-screenshot-0006.jpg starmade-screenshot-0007.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    YOu don't need to lower those stats, most people will be able to counter that with their second or third build on a server. Swarm OP.

Reaction score
    I'm not sure if its changed or not, but there was a situation where the largest ship for the pirates I had at the time spawned 8 at once and decimated everything we had. Not sure if it takes into account size or damage now, but I always make sure that as a group, we have enough firepower to kill 10 of whatever the pirates may have.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes i have encountered that issue before
    its really quite annoying i wish they would fix it
    of course the easiest solution to the problem is make all the ships powerful lol

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Keep it strong, I suggest. Gives players a challenge.

Reaction score
    I would say it depends on some criteria if they are too strong or not.

It depends on what kind of a server you are running.

If you can upload Blueprints on your server and only do not loose credits or inventory items when you die, it is only a matter of time until you accumulated enough credits to spawn in something that can wipe out the pirates with ease.

If you have hot build everything on the server than too strong pirates are an issue for new players that just do not yet have the firepower required to take down these pirates.
    Sure for seasoned players with power full ships these pirates will be interesting, but it may discourage newer players as they get constantly blown up with almost no hope of ever getting the chance to build up something.

If your server is intentionally themed to be hard for starters then keep them.

Reaction score
    any pirate can be killed off without zero interaction from the pirates. Only thing a player need is, missiles and a radar jammer or what ever it was called.

I personally only hunt pirates with 60 000 per second shield recharge ships, so i can just stand there killing pirates 1 by 1 and salvage them.