How many types of derelict stations are there?

Reaction score
    I like exploring the things. All of them have a creepy vibe to them. Too bad I never get to find out what happened to their crews. Maybe logbooks that could be read without picking them up would help? Or terminals in personal living quarters detailing the lives of the crew? I dunno. It's just fun to explore them as long as I don't have to deal with hostile entities.

I've only explore three types so far (one abandoned ship, one medical facility, and some kind of gigantic fortress with a turret). How many more are there?

Reaction score
    But those are all pirate stations! I'm looking for derelict ships or stations, long abandoned by their inhabitants. The stations which only have scraps as salvage and that you don't have to fight to explore them.

Reaction score
    Five or six, depending on whether the original stations still spawn.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You could always go through the submissions for derelict stations and install the pack that has ALL of them. Plenty of stuff to explore.

Reaction score
    Wait... it's possible to make one yourself? If true, I may have a few ideas...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, drag whatever station you want into the derelict folder in your starmade directory.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    But those are all pirate stations! I'm looking for derelict ships or stations, long abandoned by their inhabitants. The stations which only have scraps as salvage and that you don't have to fight to explore them.
    Oops, my bad.