How do YOU use warheads?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is a thread that is not about how I need to use them.
    It is a thread to talk about how you use warheads (as in personnal oppinions/ideas)

I can only come up with 2 usefull things (or close to usefull)
    1. selfdestruction
    and the second one is: a door maker, like you make a carrier with thick walls,
    then a guy comes by and is like hu ugly empty ship, attack!
    then you use warheads break the walls and Suprise! suddenly your drones come out those holes and fight!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I use them to make my shit go bang. Thats about all they are useful for right now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Make a ship full of warheads, tab f6. Fly inside enemy ship near core and detonate. I think the tab-f6 thing is getting fixed though.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Make a ship full of warheads, tab f6. Fly inside enemy ship near core and detonate. I think the tab-f6 thing is getting fixed though.
    Wont work, the explosions dont damage ships if they are shielded, and does nothing to shields.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i use them as torpedos. figured that is how they are supposed to be used is it not?

Last edited:
    Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    Suicide bomb.

*Saleem al Sawahim nasheed plays*

No really, once the shields are down a direct hit from a large suicide bomb is easily enough to take a place out. Or at least take a large hole out.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like that idea Drakkart, but I wonder why the push module works without a computer attached in your video. I wonder if this is just a glitch depending on some bug that will be ironed out over time. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I like that idea Drakkart, but I wonder why the push module works without a computer attached in your video. I wonder if this is just a glitch depending on some bug that will be ironed out over time. ;)

Greets,

Jan
    I think the block behind the core is the push computer :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    They dont damage shields at all?

Bug or intended?
    Probably both, lol.

And honestly, missiles are a much better block removal tool. They can lock-on, are infinite, have better speed AND make bigger holes.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Probably both, lol.

And honestly, missiles are a much better block removal tool. They can lock-on, are infinite, have better speed AND make bigger holes.
    True, but launching a real torpedo haz the stylez! it is a roleplay thing atm i guess but i hope i contributed my part.
    and yes the push module ofc also has a computer just check it out it is uploaded as ressource here.

Reaction score
    They do damage shields.
    But their default damage is very low so you mostly won't notice it as the regeneration of the shields is likely high enough so you won't notice the impact.
    A few buddy and myself did some test with them and had for a short time turned the damage of the warheads up.

By default they do 200 dmg. We turned it up to 20k dmg and then they do get shields down and rip large holes into ships.

The balancing of the damage of the warheads is a little tricky.
    So we returned it back to its original value. (cloaked suicide ships were almost unstoppable)

The issue with the original damage is that if you have a warhead ship (suicide ship, consisting only of warheads energy and thrusters) you can hardly damage a ship of an equal size due to the shield power.
    Al significantly larger warhead ship can actually do damage to a small ship, but that ship is likely to outmaneuver you.

So sadly these things are only good for traps and selfdestruct systems at the moment.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ...and yes the push module ofc also has a computer just check it out it is uploaded as ressource here.
    My mistake, I thought it was a Bobby AI block, something you obviously don't need for this. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Another problem with those torpedos is they are small, but the docks are always huge......
    its hard to make a small torpado dock with those huge dock areas.......

ow and, do warheads have the same effect as every module?
    2 seperate is less powerfull as 2 attatched?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    actually the game does not complain when the boxes of docking areas overlap as long as the docked entities don't interfere with each other... so the default 7x7x7 docking area could be placed close to each other but i suggest to leave at least one block space between because - well you are dealing with warheads here, a little shake could have drastic consequences...
    i actually never made up my mind about how they are strongest...

Anyway what i really would like to add here is that i find the push mechanics shoving ships along by logics by no means gamebreaking r anything. it is an awesome feature i would like to kept as feature in the game for it is real fun to toy around with.

Reaction score
    So I have some ENORMOUS guided bombs I've made and I use them to try to kill pirate stations, but when it doesn't work (or when I spawn too many of them and try to move them as a fleet) they crash servers. I'll never use them on multiplayer unless I make them a derpload smaller.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Torpedoes of course.
    This doesn't use push modules.
    Just an alternative way of doing it.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Lazy mode torches or just general troll damage to ships/fleets I scout out.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Very Cheap, and Very Many.

Specifically I just spawn them in a rack of 55, only blocks on the things that don't just cost alloy/comp is the bobby module & faction module.
    The rack can cloak efficiently and jump (...slowly), dump em somewhere on standard bobby AI or fire them directly off the cloaker by deleting rail basics.

I think they're a fantastic way to harrass & defend against a more established/more powerful faction. Saturation & therefore cost efficiency is key I find.

Reaction score
    So sadly these things are only good for traps and selfdestruct systems at the moment.
    I've never actually used a torpedo myself, so I'm not able to offer an informed opinion, but alterintel's design shown in this thread took out 300+ blocks through 5 million shields, using 10 warhead blocks as the payload.