How do YOU use warheads?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lots of thread necro's lately.

Just some added info that wasn't present in the older posts, in case someone else stumbles in here.

1. I noticed earlier people said they damage shields, or they don't damage ships with shields. They actually ignore shields, and damage blocks even if the targets shields are at 100%

3. Issue of fitting lots of Torpedo's is gone now due to rails.

4. Launching can now be done via Shootout rails.

Some uses I have considered.
    1. Torpedo
    2. Boarding Device
    3. Self Destruct
    4. Traps that trigger when players enter an area
    5. Cloaked Mine fields. Using fleets I have found its possible to make the ships cloak/jam and go visible again. You just have to do a lot of manual positioning when you get them to the right sector. And hope your enemy fly's through there. They are not that damaging to many ships but will troll the hell outta your attacker!

Reaction score
    5. Cloaked Mine fields. Using fleets I have found its possible to make the ships cloak/jam and go visible again. You just have to do a lot of manual positioning when you get them to the right sector. And hope your enemy fly's through there. They are not that damaging to many ships but will troll the hell outta your attacker!
    That's brilliant ! Never tought about it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    only down side to #5 is that its possible to forget they are there, and troll yourself. Oh and the time and effort to cloak/jam each one individually.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Remotely blowing a computer out of a self-powered x-cannon turret when it's power supply gets compromised.

Reaction score
    I typically use them to make my trash pods self destruct after they get launched away from my station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Torpedoes and bombs, of course! Retrofitted my basic bomber specifically for the purpose.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For money.

I sell them. I have no use for them what-so-ever. They could have completely removed from the game a months ago and I wouldn't have even noticed.

Reaction score
    They still suck as astronaut traps as they do not apply much damage to the astronaut as they would to a block...although that may be a bug.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    My favorite use of them was to replicate a reactor core detonation. I have a ship called the Mariner where the reactor core can be jettisoned. The reactor will explode shortly after ejection, so you'll want to make sure you're not near it when it goes up. It would've been nice if there was a way to expand the explosion radius. I'm not certain how well the ship will function now with the advent of the auxiliary blocks...

I've also made torpedoes to give some of my really small ships a little extra punch. Replacing them after launch is a hassle that doesn't appeal to me. I'm looking forward to the day they introduce flagships, though. I want to see if I can make a system that actually builds a torpedo using stored material, loads it into a tube, and launches it.

Reactions: Viperrr
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm planning on making cloaking ships covered with pretty much all warheads, and use them as space mines, and send them as fleet around the enemy homebase :)