How do you test your creations?

Reaction score
    A game is also about what kind of work it wants from you. There are valuable experiences and duties, and not very inteligent stuff like setting up a testing shooting range and test each weapon type in each new update. If you have fun with this dumb number work, I can't judge you. I rather admit that I want to get this particular dumb stuff spondfed to me on the wiki or on some tutorial here (as I would call it: raise the accessibility).

I suggest you take an example from Dota2: There the players have all the numbers very well documented, and the fights are amazingly complex anyway. I am glad the times are gone, when some players had an advantage in older Dota version just because some stuff was not very accessible. (Good examples are the tower attack ranges, and jungle creep camp spawn boxes.) I tell you the fights there are even better, because the player have the access to the numbers, and can invest the time, they saved for number gathering, in making some own unique strategies.

Yes, I expect a game being more than work to me, I expect it to challenge me in the first place. And this dumb work is not very challenging it's just repeating easy stuff that takes a hell of a time. Even more time consuming when you have some older computer.
    i can understand your point of view, but i dont really agree with it. i actually do enjoy fiddling with shit and tweaking it and learning etc... i enjoy building my own unique ships, not just shooting people in generic templates. i often share what i learn, but i certainly dont feel obligated to write up tutorials and math pages for other people. the reason games like dota have good documentation beyond the games official stuff is because of players who enjoy "dumb number work."

*you want to benefit from the work of others while simultaneously mocking it.*

i agree documentation should be better. the thing is, *most* basic mechanics are documented, just not on official sites. you have to look through forums and stuff.

the things that arent really documented well (in most cases) are the ways players use those mechanics to give themselves advantages. this isnt dota; you have control over every block you place, so theres always lots of wiggle room to be creative in your build... this is why no matter how well documented the game is, youll still have to experiment unless you just want to stick to generic builds.