how do you shut down a dedicated server via cmd or ps

Reaction score
    as the name suggests i am trying to figure out how to safely shut down a dedicated server via windows cmd or powershell.
    the reason:
    i am currently running a dedicated server on my server at home. and i am writing a powershell script to backup the server (server database, custom block behavior file, whitelist file, server.cfg file) to a folder named the current date, however now that i am finished i want to set it up as a scheduled task, and in order to backup the server files the server has to be shutdown.
    i run the server via StarMade-dedicated-server-windows.bat so it runs in a cmd window. is there a way the shut down the server through cmd or powershell commands so i can create a script to shut down the server and run it on schedule with the backup script and server script. any ideas?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    download this http://files.star-made.org/StarNet.jar

run it with the command
    Code:
    java -jar starnet.jar 127.0.0.1:4242 [YOUR SUPER ADMIN PASS HERE] /shutdown 0
    you must have the super user enabled on the server config.

That's the only way I'm aware of, but I don't know anything about sending commands to console windows.

Reaction score
    download this http://files.star-made.org/StarNet.jar

run it with the command
    Code:
    java -jar starnet.jar 127.0.0.1:4242 [YOUR SUPER ADMIN PASS HERE] /shutdown 0
    you must have the super user enabled on the server config.

That's the only way I'm aware of, but I don't know anything about sending commands to console windows.
    so i tried this a few times, as-is i got error messages that connection was refused, probably because its listening on one specific ip, so i changed it to that ip rather than loopback and now it just hangs, forever with no feedback. would a white list interfere with it?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    so i tried this a few times, as-is i got error messages that connection was refused, probably because its listening on one specific ip, so i changed it to that ip rather than loopback and now it just hangs, forever with no feedback. would a white list interfere with it?
    You did turn on the superadmin, an then set the password in the config right?