how do you nominate someone for master builder

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    so eum, aceface has like 82 community content and many them have like 200+ downloads
    1 for example has 871 downloads and a rating of 4.64
    I can't believe that is not master builder.

so i'd like to nominate aceface for the master builder badge, bronze silver and gold.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Hello there!
    I will relay this suggestion to the rest of the council.
    But I will say few things. Currently we are still waiting for official requirements for each medal.
    For now you can see that builders like me and Dalmont (with 130+ uploaded content and 40,000+ downloads combined) have bronze medals,so (no offence to Aceface) silver and gold are not realistic for him.

We do however want to move away from the previous approach to giving medals.
    Some people have 50+ uploads that are only smedits/reuploads that also have quite a few downloads. so that carries much much less weight in determining any decision related to giving master builders medals.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hello there!
    I will relay this suggestion to the rest of the council.
    But I will say few things. Currently we are still waiting for official requirements for each medal.
    For now you can see that builders like me and Dalmont (with 130+ uploaded content and 40,000+ downloads combined) have bronze medals,so (no offence to Aceface) silver and gold are not realistic for him.

We do however want to move away from the previous approach to giving medals.
    Some people have 50+ uploads that are only smedits/reuploads that also have quite a few downloads. so that carries much much less weight in determining any decision related to giving master builders medals.
    then i bet you will rage the hell because if this guy:
    Nauvran has about 15 uploads, and the highest download rate was 170.
    the second highest 132 downloads
    and the rest between 20 and 90.
    he has the bronze master builder as you can see here
    http://starmadedock.net/members/nauvran.223455/
    seems legit......

also 40k downloads is way too much for bronze because silver say this player has build quite a lot of extremly popular build
    130 is quite alot if you ask anyone.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Duke once told me the requirements for the master builder badges. Somewhat at least since there isn't really any official requirements.
    The masterbuilder badge is given out depending on how popular your builds are. As in if you have enough proper reviews on your stuff.
    It also depends on what the council thinks. Besides they have always been a bit slow with giving out that masterbuilder medal.

And Cookie, that was not nice said about me, I might not have that many uploads but I put a hell of a lot of work into my stuff.
    on another note, you will probably never get the masterbuilder badge by having X amount of downloads.
    Just because you got a lot of downloads doesn't mean that your build is good. Especially not when it's possibly to cheat with the downloads as it counts a download if you download your own ship.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Duke once told me the requirements for the master builder badges. Somewhat at least since there isn't really any official requirements.
    The masterbuilder badge is given out depending on how popular your builds are. As in if you have enough proper reviews on your stuff.
    It also depends on what the council thinks. Besides they have always been a bit slow with giving out that masterbuilder medal.

And Cookie, that was not nice said about me, I might not have that many uploads but I put a hell of a lot of work into my stuff.
    on another note, you will probably never get the masterbuilder badge by having X amount of downloads.
    Just because you got a lot of downloads doesn't mean that your build is good. Especially not when it's possibly to cheat with the downloads as it counts a download if you download your own ship.
    I must have sounded a bit rude yes, I apology
    I understand that you are mad, being used as evidence is never nice.

I bet I wouldn't even get a 100 downloads.
    I think I've tried to build like 50 ships or so, not using sment and this is my best creation: starmade-screenshot-0029.png

using sment though, it became a lot better (in comperence)

starmade-screenshot-0030.png

so don't mind me, I think your creations are good.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Our approach to say the rail and logic badges with the council has been to award them for a particularly recognized creation that the council agrees is deserving of the badge. Usually the council account will then post on the user's profile to congratulate and in that say what it's for. This approach seems to work well, and will probably be used going forward with the Master Builder badges, depending on what Duke, the council, and Schine decide.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Our approach to say the rail and logic badges with the council has been to award them for a particularly recognized creation that the council agrees is deserving of the badge. Usually the council account will then post on the user's profile to congratulate and in that say what it's for. This approach seems to work well, and will probably be used going forward with the Master Builder badges, depending on what Duke, the council, and Schine decide.
    tefudge?! so you guys are really searching through all the community content?
    seems crazy if you ask me, please tell me the council does most of this. isn't there like a better way of doing that?
    something like this:
    you have to download the community content, rate it.
    and if you do that, you can nominate it for master piece.
    20 nominations make it a master piece, you need to have some IP checker so people don't make alts to vote.
    also put in a captcha against bots.
    5 masterpiece = bronze
    50 masterpieces = silver
    100 masterpieces = gold
    if someone has 5 masterpieces a notification goes to the council, they will look at the 5 master pieces and check if it is equally a master piece (simply check if it's ugly, then you know if someone cheated)
    that's a lot easyer instead of looking at 130+pieces of creations from SkylordLuke to check if he is worth it.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Tbh, I'm kind of planning to make a tool just to skim the CC to calculate some numbers.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Tbh, I'm kind of planning to make a tool just to skim the CC to calculate some numbers.
    sorry what?
    either I don't understand you or you posted on the wrong thread, this is a thread about the badge master builder.
    where did that number calculation and things come from?
    btw what is skim and CC? that's the part I don't get

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    sorry what?
    either I don't understand you or you posted on the wrong thread, this is a thread about the badge master builder.
    where did that number calculation and things come from?
    btw what is skim and CC? that's the part I don't get
    It sounds like Mega is in progress of making some tool to help finding masterbuilders. Or at least important info.
    The CC he's talking about is the Community Content, you know where we upload our projects.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    To be honest, I think numbers are fairly irrelevant. As long as the council and/or schine keep an eye on the community, it should be fairly obvious which builds deserve a badge :)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    To be honest, I think numbers are fairly irrelevant. As long as the council and/or schine keep an eye on the community, it should be fairly obvious which builds deserve a badge :)
    lol it looks like you are suggestion the ship from your signature :P

It sounds like Mega is in progress of making some tool to help finding masterbuilders. Or at least important info.
    The CC he's talking about is the Community Content, you know where we upload our projects.
    something like that pokemon like card that bench showed for the shipyard idea?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    btw what is skim and CC?
    skimming means to quickly view a source of information(usually a text), to get a rough idea about it. In case of programs it means the program reads a document(in this case the Community Content pages), and discards most information in favor of the information it is after(in this case ratings, likes and downloads).
    As for what the community content is: in the navbar, 4th from the left.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    tefudge?! so you guys are really searching through all the community content?
    seems crazy if you ask me, please tell me the council does most of this. isn't there like a better way of doing that?
    something like this:
    you have to download the community content, rate it.
    and if you do that, you can nominate it for master piece.
    20 nominations make it a master piece, you need to have some IP checker so people don't make alts to vote.
    also put in a captcha against bots.
    5 masterpiece = bronze
    50 masterpieces = silver
    100 masterpieces = gold
    if someone has 5 masterpieces a notification goes to the council, they will look at the 5 master pieces and check if it is equally a master piece (simply check if it's ugly, then you know if someone cheated)
    that's a lot easyer instead of looking at 130+pieces of creations from SkylordLuke to check if he is worth it.
    It's actually worked well thus far. The community content section has a number of ways to filter content to see what's new, what's popular. I think that's a lot of work to implement a system that still at the end still has the council reviewing creations, a bit redundant. The council is part of the council, they're active on here, I trust that they're on top of it. And anyone can suggest something in the community content to one of the council members to take a look at, I'm sure they'd oblige.

Agree. The numbers aren't inherently important.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's actually worked well thus far. The community content section has a number of ways to filter content to see what's new, what's popular. I think that's a lot of work to implement a system that still at the end still has the council reviewing creations, a bit redundant. The council is part of the council, they're active on here, I trust that they're on top of it. And anyone can suggest something in the community content to one of the council members to take a look at, I'm sure they'd oblige.

Agree. The numbers aren't inherently important.
    well okey if it works good for you it works good for me :D

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    lol thanks cookie xD
    you should also have master logician

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don't think aceface should be just master ship builder, I think he should be Ultimate Master Ship Builder! :p