3-4, acm and tanks if needed to use acm

5, thrusters

6, fill everything with shields

7, turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Particularly on larger ships, I will draw up front/top/side views of the ship so I can understand the proportions I\'m working with. If I\'m building an existing ship from TV or something, I\'ll seek out photos instead. I determine where the core is going to be, and what part of the ship is going to set the scale. If a ship incorporates a shuttle bay, for instance, I can determine the proportions of the ship by the minimum docking area required. At other times, the scale has been set by the turrets I\'m mounting, or if I\'m just trying to achieve certain numbers with a weapon system.

For capital ships, the next step is to ensure that the room housing the ship core is large and protected. Then, I\'ll frame out the ship to the point that I can add that primary structure that will set the ship\'s entire scale. Once that is built, I really just start adding on pieces until the ship is complete. I\'ll likely frame out an area to get the proportions right before I throw a lot of hull or component blocks down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Normally I end up putting down a core, building the control room around it, and just building whatever comes to me from there. Hallways leading to it, a control center just outside the armored core room, etc. I also really depends on what you\'re trying to go for, whether it be a specific design or you\'re just screwing around or want to make a good, strong ship. I almost never really pre-plan my designs, but rather go with looks and ideas that come to me while I\'m building it. Pre-designed blueprints baffle me.