How do I temporarly disable Mass/Thrust/Power/Shield etc calculations?

Reaction score
    I want to build a big ship, and I do not need real time information about it or to fly with it when building.

I noticed that Star-Made has real problems when big ships are being build and the mass gets calculated and/or added it does take a while when the mass is big (a few million blocks).

Is there a way to temporarily disable mass calculatin of the ship? Also power/ regen/power tanks/all other calculations? I just want to build a ship (just place the blocks, nothing more!), save it, and then maybe sometime load it and see the stats.... not when building because it uses like 100% CPU when I add many blocks (intel core i7-3k)...?

Reaction score
    I don't think you can do that.
    However, you wrote in another thread that the game sometimes crashes when placing many shield blocks. Did you try adjusting your memory settings? A higher maximum memory could probably fix that.

Reaction score
    The game is using 1 GB out of 5 GB, what's there to adjust if 4 GB is free ? :P

Reaction score
    you really cant adjust that the problem will be fixed in the furure just wait it out like me :) I have the same problem but with a AMD eight core 4.4 GHZ procceser the 3rd most powerful procceser in the world in the past I could get 60+ fps in ships that are over 2000 meters now I get 0 its all up to the devs. just give it time it will be fixed soon I don't know when but probably in the upcoming months.

Reaction score
    Erm, hate to break it to you, but you're not even close.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Also, FPS is GPU-dependent, mostly. A good CPU helps, but without a good graphics card, you can't do jack.
    yes you are correct but AMD prossecers are good for gaming and that's it intel cores will always be better at webbrowsing etc but for gaming my cpu is the third best cpu in the world for gaming but for everything else its not it does do a goog job at webbrowing but I drop down to 10-11 fps trying to record gifs also I know that graphics cards play a big roll in FPS but for games like starmade a more powerful procceser is what you need also I have a nividia GeForce 760 graphics card going to upgrade to a nividia titan black at December for starcitizen but for now I don't need anything better than a 760 it does a great job 60+ fps on the highest video settings of every game I have played so far :D also a cpu does all the physics calculations etc for the game and plays a big part in the movement chunk loading etc so your statement is true but there is also another kind of graphics system that uses just your cpu for graphics but is not recommended.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Erm, I'm sorry. Please come back with punctuation, statistics, and perhaps a little knowledge about CPU power? Although it is true that AMD processors are better optimized for gaming, they still are incapable of performing at levels equatable to the Xeon series.
    Also, a Titan Black? That is waaaaaaaaaaay overkill for Star Citizen. I have an MSI Twin Frozr N770 (OC GTX 770) and it's capable of max specs on about everything. Also, it's true that the physics calculations are done by the CPU, but that only is a major factor in CPU-Dependent games. See Planetside 2: the sheer number of players involved in battles makes it more CPU dependent than GPU dependent. While StarMade does have a heavy focus on CPU power, a good GPU makes a much bigger difference.

Oh, one last thing? I have an i5-4670k (not nearly Intel's strongest card) and I get 300+ FPS in Starmade. Argument=invalidated.

Reaction score
    Erm, I'm sorry. Please come back with punctuation, statistics, and perhaps a little knowledge about CPU power? Although it is true that AMD processors are better optimized for gaming, they still are incapable of performing at levels equatable to the Xeon series.
    Also, a Titan Black? That is waaaaaaaaaaay overkill for Star Citizen. I have an MSI Twin Frozr N770 (OC GTX 770) and it's capable of max specs on about everything. Also, it's true that the physics calculations are done by the CPU, but that only is a major factor in CPU-Dependent games. See Planetside 2: the sheer number of players involved in battles makes it more CPU dependent than GPU dependent. While StarMade does have a heavy focus on CPU power, a good GPU makes a much bigger difference.

Oh, one last thing? I have an i5-4670k (not nearly Intel's strongest card) and I get 300+ FPS in Starmade. Argument=invalidated.
    when I got my cpu I got it with this game in mind yes I know most games are more GPU required and not CPU required but I have ALOT of money and buying a very expensive CPU for one game is not a big deal also I play a lot of modded games meaning that I need I powerful CPU also my PC is gaming based I have a different pc that does webbrowsing software development etc overall you don't need a powerful cpu for most games but if I plan on building a 2000+ meter long starmade ship I need that much power also I looked at the list and xeon doesent have a lot of GHZ and when it comes down to processing more procceses require more GHZ or procceses that deal a heaver load on your CPU Xeon proccesers are incredible but Im not going to by them for gaming my AMD eight core 4.4 GHZ procceser gets 1250+ fps on average in starmade in the current build it gets 250+ because the current build has 5x the CPU usage than before also its only 400$ so for that much power for that price is a pretty good deal also a titan black isn't overkill for starcitizen if you plan on spawning in 100 bangel carriers on max video settings that's the kind of stuff I do daily in starmade also my work PC has a Xeon procceser I just cant find one that has 4.4 GHZ so im not going to get one for gaming if there is I would also I don't need anything better than what I got its already overkill because of the fact that I get 1250+ fps with my procceser and its only at 10% CPU usage so yeah its overkill in a normal game but for what I do in starmade Im only capable of getting 60+ FPS because of the amount of GHZ it has so your statement is invalid currently my 6yr HP laptop gets 250+ fps in starmade and it only has a intel eight core 1.6 GHZ procceser 300+ fps isn't even close to what I get go spawn in 100 500+ meter long 100+ meter wide and tall ships and tell me how much fps you get? because I get around 20-60+ fps with all the weapons firing also my PC would die without 12 of 16 gigabites of ram dedicated to the game XP and the game still has trouble keeping up because its not designed to have that big of a load on it lol but it still gets 20-60+ fps it just cant keep up.

Reaction score
    So...conclusion.. just wait until the devs fix it? or What? ;o

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    No, they aren't going to fix what isn't a bug. Honestly, the best solution here is a better computer. Sorry, wish I could give you a better answer than that.

Reaction score
    No, they aren't going to fix what isn't a bug. Honestly, the best solution here is a better computer. Sorry, wish I could give you a better answer than that.
    Yeah, because this is surely the problem here.

OP, did you take a look at this thread? http://starmadedock.net/threads/how-to-report-a-bug.459/
    Next step, after this enlightening hardware discussion is over: Post your exact stats. Hardware, Software, Game version. Make sure to update your drivers and take a look at the game's log files.

Reaction score
    Yeah, because this is surely the problem here.

OP, did you take a look at this thread? http://starmadedock.net/threads/how-to-report-a-bug.459/
    Next step, after this enlightening hardware discussion is over: Post your exact stats. Hardware, Software, Game version. Make sure to update your drivers and take a look at the game's log files.
    they will fix it. it isn't a bug the game just currently has a lot of performance issues currently that will be worked out over time just like in the past so don't by a better PC my PC is a beast and even it struggles so my advise just wait it will be fixed like before however im not sure you played this game in the past XP also my PC is $1600 made by hand so if you plan on getting something better than what I have its going to cost a ton!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Edit: I posted advice based on "something I read in another thread," but it was another thread started by the same OP, and he'd already seen and tried it, so I've removed it because it wouldn't have told him anything he hadn't already known.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I noticed today that the mass of a ship I'm building which is docked to my station is not updating as I add or remove blocks. I do not plan for it to be millions of blocks, so not sure if this can help you in some way. The mass did update when I undocked the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I believe this is because when you are docked, it updates the mass on the station or ship you are docked to instead... I could be remembering wrong, but don't stations show as having no mass normally?

Reaction score
    I believe this is because when you are docked, it updates the mass on the station or ship you are docked to instead... I could be remembering wrong, but don't stations show as having no mass normally?
    or it could be a performance buff because when your ship is docked it doesn't need to update its mass because its stationary but when its not stationary it does have to update its mass and the fewer the calculations the better the performance you get anyways that's my point of view on that situation.

Reaction score
    So...conclusion.. just wait until the devs fix it? or What? ;o
    yep pretty much just build some small ships and play around with those and when its fixed build all the large ships you want.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I want to know about the server memory usage ingame while playing on localhost.