How do I remove a planet?

Reaction score
    Either via console commands or by more...conventional...means, how can I remove a planet or station (that I don't own, AI owned.)

Playing single player, very sick of lag because my base is near a planet, every time I have to log in I get a good 5 minutes of lag. I want rid of it.

Can I remove it via console commands? And can I remove it via blowing it up and how? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Blowing it up, just do enough damage to the core (hint, it requires some level of capital weapon) or use /destroy_entity with the planet selected.

Reaction score
    Blowing it up, just do enough damage to the core (hint, it requires some level of capital weapon) or use /destroy_entity with the planet selected.
    That answered my questions, thank you. Mods can close it now if you want.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    /destroy_entity_dock with the core selected will destroy the entire planet. Just doing /destroy_entity won't do you any good; you'll just end up deleting the core and leaving the actual planet segments intact. And no, there's really no way to spawn a new planet.

Reaction score
    For anyone reading this far... If you destroy a planet core with a weapon, the plates will still exist, so if you want it totally expunged, you're going to have to deal with those as well. (It's pretty cool how it works, but I'll leave that up you you to find out.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    /destroy_entity_dock with the core selected will destroy the entire planet. Just doing /destroy_entity won't do you any good; you'll just end up deleting the core and leaving the actual planet segments intact. And no, there's really no way to spawn a new planet.
    Ithirahad -- couldn't you "spawn" a planet by simply exporting and then importing a sector that had a planet in it? It wouldn't be a fresh planet, but it could provide a basic work around.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Is there a way to spawn a new planet?
    I read a forum post where someone found that planets respawned after a while after he had harvested the whole thing, and that he had harvested the entirety of the same planet 8 times (suggesting at least 7 respawns).

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There is a command /populate_sector i believe. It might be able to respawn a planet if a planet is supposed to be there but was destroyed.