How do I make this game fun again ?

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You did good back there, ZektorSK.

You showed that you do have creativity. Now we just have to squeeze it out of you... (smiles evily)

You will learn that it takes time to get good at this game and literally everyone thinks they suck in the very beginning.

Still don't believe me? Take a look at my progress over the past 5-6 years as my craptacular designs evolved into to what they are today. Remember; we all have to start somewhere.
    USS HYPERION.jpg Fighter.jpg Powered Armor.jpg Battleship Front2.jpg
    Holy crap! Even then, I was obsessed with torpedoes... (far right side...)

Star Axis Fleet.JPG hardlogic.jpg Star Axis Guardian.JPG Justice.jpg

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    You did good back there, ZektorSK.

You showed that you do have creativity. Now we just have to squeeze it out of you... (smiles evily)

You will learn that it takes time to get good at this game and literally everyone thinks they suck in the very beginning.

Still don't believe me? Take a look at my progress over the past 5-6 years as my craptacular designs evolved into to what they are today. Remember; we all have to start somewhere.

Holy crap! Even then, I was obsessed with torpedoes... (far right side...)
    ... only time can decide, if the work invested was worth ...
    incredible progress Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Come on man. Don't give up now. You were doing fine on Light vs Dark.

Tell you what; why don't you post some of your builds on here? We'll help you locate opportunities for improvement. I see no reason why you can't be an awesome builder.

Reactions: cogi234
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    You know, you do yourself an injustice. Yes, the Titus Litus might be a grey blob but the William Wales looks great!

I have developed a series of ships based upon a single template. My "Hauler" series which I just might post on here some time has reached version 6 and has been the basis of my Autominer and my Mining Drone Carrier. It is based around an 11x11x11 power cube with a cockpit on the front and a bunch of engines on the back with a central cargo pod. Strip away the outer skin and the detailing and it is a lifeless block. I will post some screenshots later as a taster.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I think you should post a full picture of the Titus Litus but I like the William Wells. It almost looks like it's covered in reactive armor like a tank. To be honest; I may try that technique on some of my lighter ships to give them a defensive edge against missiles. Use what I taught you, add your own style then get building.

There is no "right" or "wrong" way to do things with regard to aesthetics and eventually, You'll start to see a more structured approach in your build styles. Post a picture of what you were working on in Light vs Dark. I'll bet I'm not the only one who will like it.

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I think you should post a full picture of the Titus Litus but I like the William Wells. It almost looks like it's covered in reactive armor like a tank. To be honest; I may try that technique on some of my lighter ships to give them a defensive edge against missiles. Use what I taught you, add your own style then get building.

There is no "right" or "wrong" way to do things with regard to aesthetics and eventually, You'll start to see a more structured approach in your build styles. Post a picture of what you were working on in Light vs Dark. I'll bet I'm not the only one who will like it.
    I haven't finished it, it doesn't have hull, only front and engines

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Now I see that the OP's reason to find a lack of fun on the building aspect on the game is different than mine, so I'll state some stuff.

I am capable of building good stuff, but now the obligatory components like logic drives and docked reactors/weapons are pretty much obligatory. As much as I know how to do them, it's just incredibly boring to setup them. I can be easily succesful, like I was on the past somewhat, but there is no amusement on doing such tasks anymore.

And, obviously, the fact that pretty much every server is just as laggy and unstable as the servers from 2013. You may ask - Hey, didn't those have like 1/4 of the RAM and CPU power of the ones from today? The thing is, the demand has increased, thanks to the new mechanics, and obviously, gigantism.

Last edited:

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Well ok then
    William Wales
    This was the only build I made good looking.I was just randomly placing blocks in shipyard and got this
    Titus Litus -Heavy Transport Ship-
    This was first ship I posted
    You are gonna have to give you self a bit more credit. The detail on the william wales is good, but maybe a bit unorganized. Its a good use of mixed materials.

The Titus Litus would benefit from some using different materials like you did on the William Wales, and its just calling for slabs.

These are good. You'll get better, but by no reason are they bad. If you are being self critical fine, but overall these are better then some of my first builds.

Keep up the good work. Why don't you attempt to build a fleet for the contest? If you post pictures here we can all help.

Reactions: cogi234

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    You are gonna have to give you self a bit more credit. The detail on the william wales is good, but maybe a bit unorganized. Its a good use of mixed materials.

The Titus Litus would benefit from some using different materials like you did on the William Wales, and its just calling for slabs.

These are good. You'll get better, but by no reason are they bad. If you are being self critical fine, but overall these are better then some of my first builds.

Keep up the good work. Why don't you attempt to build a fleet for the contest? If you post pictures here we can all help.
    I just sketched my carrier for my ultra life fibers fleet, but I am very pesimistic about it

Reactions: Wolflaynce
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Here are some pictures of my Hauler SIX...

Reactions: ZektorSK

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Life Fibers fleet.. I know that building carrier would be too hard for me, so I did just a small scout.. I don't know, if it is nice or trash =/

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive

Life Fibers fleet.. I know that building carrier would be too hard for me, so I did just a small scout.. I don't know, if it is nice or trash =/

Definitely not trash, but there is a whole lot more you could do with it. You should play more with slabs.

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Definitely not trash, but there is a whole lot more you could do with it. You should play more with slabs.
    Pleasure to hear that :) I will leave this be, and go into some corvette, and slowly work into big carrier

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I like the design. It's a little rough but you'll learn. Tip: It's always easier to start small to learn how your own style works. Then you can scale up to something larger.

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Does the shape look good ? I don't know how do I continue, where the cocpit will be :(

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9

Does the shape look good ? I don't know how do I continue, where the cocpit will be :(
    Looks good so far. Play with ideas, take your time, but if you're getting stuck take a break or build something different meanwhile.

Reactions: ZektorSK