How do I get rid of this wierd shading

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That is just a lighting glitch that happens on the faces of some penta/tetras. I don't know a fix for it, I think it's just inherent of how the game handles lighting.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That is just a lighting glitch that happens on the faces of some penta/tetras. I don't know a fix for it, I think it's just inherent of how the game handles lighting.
    Strange, doesn't happen to me.

Here's my settings.

Reaction score
    Strange, doesn't happen to me.

Here's my settings.
    Tried changing to the same settings and also tried to go from low to max graphics settings
    and still get the odd shading on pentas and tetras.

Thanks for the replies tho.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Tried changing to the same settings and also tried to go from low to max graphics settings
    and still get the odd shading on pentas and tetras.

Thanks for the replies tho.
    No problem.

This might not be related (and correct me if I'm wrong), but have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

Reaction score
    Looks like I have the latest Nvidia drivers since it doesn't say theres any new ones.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Mariux are you sure you never see such an issue? I certainly have it and have seen evidence in numerous screenshots from others. The lighting issue affects corners and penta/tetra surfaces, and can be dependent on viewing direction. For example I have some corridors with the interior edges slanted/smoothed using a row of pentas and tetras. Two of these surfaces will exhibit the issue, but the surfaces on the opposite sides are correctly lit.

I have noticed that some sides of some block shapes map the texture "backwards" or inside-out to the surface; this is probably only noticeable with some texture packs or certain textures. I suspect that the lighting characteristic is related to this, such that the "incorrect" visible lighting is actually the way that the opposite side of the face (facing the interior of the block) would be lit. It's a bit difficult to explain without illustration; will require some experimentation with special textures to clearly illustrate and confirm.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Mariux are you sure you never see such an issue? I certainly have it and have seen evidence in numerous screenshots from others. The lighting issue affects corners and penta/tetra surfaces, and can be dependent on viewing direction. For example I have some corridors with the interior edges slanted/smoothed using a row of pentas and tetras. Two of these surfaces will exhibit the issue, but the surfaces on the opposite sides are correctly lit.

I have noticed that some sides of some block shapes map the texture "backwards" or inside-out to the surface; this is probably only noticeable with some texture packs or certain textures. I suspect that the lighting characteristic is related to this, such that the "incorrect" visible lighting is actually the way that the opposite side of the face (facing the interior of the block) would be lit. It's a bit difficult to explain without illustration; will require some experimentation with special textures to clearly illustrate and confirm.
    It does happen to me, though not nearly as severely: