How do I get a spinning rail rotor to stop at a 45 angle?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah I suppose I could make another docked entity but I have 9 activators hooked up to a rotator I want it to stop at a 45 degree angle but it doesnt when I deactivate 8 of the 9 of them :/

Is it possible to have it go from spinning for a while to go to stopped at an angle?
    [doublepost=1472964419,1472962322][/doublepost]

Huh, so I dont know what I did differently, but if I time the stop sometimes I can get it to rest on a 45 degree angle like so.
    I blame the rail speed controllers for being finiky with logic :/
    seriously I need to cold start the engine with a button each time :/

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Ah, so this is what you were working on. A couple questions: Are you using an activator as the feedback to keep the motor moving? Did you try setting it to move in increments of 90 degrees from this 45 degree angle? If you did both of these things than it should be working, provided you are using the speed controller to start/stop it.

EDIT: I assume you had tried to replace the activators. If they are next to the rotator, they will activate, but I have a feeling you put it somewhere else on the ship.

EDIT: I have found a way to do this in 6 blocks. You start with a rail, and to either side place down activators. on the other sides of the rail, place down two not gates. Wire these in a loop, and connect both activators the rotator. If you place a dock down it will start itself and keep spinning in 90 degree increments. Hooking up a speed controller allows you to turn it on and off without having to cold start it. Since you want to keep it at 45 degree angles, you can temporarily connect the rotator to an activator. This will break the circuit, but give you the angle you want. You disconnect it and cold boot the circuit once and your good to go.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you start it with it already at 45 it turn all 9 activators off and on the system should always return back to it's starting position.