How do I disable the creative tab

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I stated playing starmade a week ago, and I frequently play it with my 10yo nephew. I want to keep my world cheat free, so I can play it for a long time, and get that sense of accomplishment. I have found the admins.txt file so we are no longer admins. But I can't seem to get rid of the creative tab. I'm worried about him cheating boatloads of items into my survival-type world. How do I disable it?

Also, I'm guessing that I'm supposed to use the creative tab for making designs in my shipyard?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The creative tab and shipyards are new, less then two weeks, and still a bit buggy. There is an option in the launcher to turn 'Singleplayer Creative Mode' off, but I don't think it works. I have it turned off, but it's still there in-game. I know there is a command option, but I think you need admin to use.

My suggestion, keep two worlds. I have one I play survival, and one a do all my designing and messing around in. You could also just copy your survival world and let him mess around in that. Either way, the World Manager is your friend here.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    /creative_mode "playername" true/false
    should work, you need admin to use it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    /creative_mode "playername" true/false
    should work, you need admin to use it
    This worked perfectly, and I am still able to create designs in my shipyard. It seems I will have to wait until he connects to the server before I can run it on his username.

Thanks