How do I calculate my ship's DPS?

Reaction score
    When other people post their ships they show information like total shield power, energy and damage per second. I guess I can find the shield power and energy but how do I calculate damage per second?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Most of the stats on shown in build mode, no need to calculate anything. As for full on DPS some of that info is in the Weapons Menu when you hit T.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Has incorrect damage reporting in the weapons menu been fixed? I remember folks on the forums warning people about the weapons tab being inaccurate in the past.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Has incorrect damage reporting in the weapons menu been fixed? I remember folks on the forums warning people about the weapons tab being inaccurate in the past.
    I think for beams/cannons it's accurate. Missiles are impossible to be accurate for because of the way they do damage, divide their dps by ~2-3 and you'll get a bit more accuracy. Pulse is just weird and can't really be calculated well.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, lot of missile damage gets wasted as it explodes out into empty space on the first hits. But boy can they tear crap up once you already have a hole and they start to get in under the flat hull...

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The weapon tab has been bugged too many times for me to trust it, so I just calculate things manually:

Total amount of weapon blocks (including linked effect) * 10 = DPS for cannons and beams primaries

Total amount of weapon blocks * 20 = DPS for missile secondaries. Just keep in mind that the explosion is in a sphere so not all the damage will be transmitted to the target.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The weapon tab has been bugged too many times for me to trust it, so I just calculate things manually:

Total amount of weapon blocks (including linked effect) * 10 = DPS for cannons and beams primaries

Total amount of weapon blocks * 20 = DPS for missile secondaries. Just keep in mind that the explosion is in a sphere so not all the damage will be transmitted to the target.
    I thought cannons had the old 5dps/block?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I thought cannons had the old 5dps/block?
    Nah it was changed along with beams when the HP update dropped afaik. Just don't forget that power cost was proportionally increased, so it's 100 e/sec per block now.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Nah it was changed along with beams when the HP update dropped afaik. Just don't forget that power cost was proportionally increased, so it's 100 e/sec per block now.
    that...kinda sucks. I knew beams went up, but I thought they were the only one that went up. It was an interesting balancing option having one that does more damage but takes more power and has short range, and one that does less damage, but takes less power and has longer range. Guess that's not how it works though. Cannon master race except when you need hitscan.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    that...kinda sucks. I knew beams went up, but I thought they were the only one that went up. It was an interesting balancing option having one that does more damage but takes more power and has short range, and one that does less damage, but takes less power and has longer range. Guess that's not how it works though. Cannon master race except when you need hitscan.
    It's been like this for a while actually, now that I think about it. Mostly to make them viable VS missiles before the new explosion system. You should look in-game actually, it might have changed again without me noticing (because lolbalance changelogs)

Reactions: Jaaskinal